+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mock Draft 3.12

Mock Draft 3.12

Round 1 – Bjoern Werner, DE – Florida State…. High motor with a gritty game. He saw a lot of double teams this year and was still a force. Giants need depth and possibly a future replacement for Tuck. Werner fits the build.

Round 2 – Kevin Minter, ILB - LSU…. This kid is tough and has fantastic instincts. Linebacker has been a huge issue for the Giants and Minter is a guy that can be a thumper. Great leadership qualities and durable.

Round 3 – Logan Ryan, CB – Rutgers… Local kid that the Giants had a lot of time to scout. Webster is nearing his end, Prince looks like the real deal and Hosley is good, but competition is always a good thing.

Round 4 – Alvin Bailey, OG- Arkansas…. Fantastic run blocker. He is versatile and can play both guard positions and with the issue of resigning Boothe, Mosley’s uncertainty and no other depth, this kid could be a future starter.

Round 5 – Michael Williams, TE – Alabama… Big, strong and a great blocker. A better pass catcher than his numbers show. Great addition to our offense.

Round 6 – Rex Burkhead, RB – Nebraska…. Strong, decent burst and great vision. Burkhead was a fantastic player in college and he could really bring some good depth and a nice 1-2 punch with Wilson.

Round 7 – Kayvon Webster, S/CB – South Florida… he played a lot of CB at South Florida and he likes to get aggressive. Under the radar guy that could help with depth all over the secondary.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Great value at 1-3. if minter is there in the 2nd then hes a steal. Love the williams pick up as well hes a beast in the trenches. Be a nice combo with Robinson being a pass catcher first type TE

only knock i have is the birkhead pick. not a huge fan of his. kinda slow and stiff. probably turns into a full back in the pros. but with the 6th pick oh well

Not bad...

Werner is slipping for whatever reason. I guess it was that combine non hype. People forget how good he was on the field. Id take him there in a heartbeat, unless Ansah is there. Werner is a hard nosed, non stop motor, type DE, just like JPP on the other side or a healthy Tuck.

Minter probably wont be there in the second, but a lot of people had Randle off the board by our second pick last year too. He would be a steal.

Same with Ryan. Im having a tough time trying to figure out who I like more, Ryan or Poyer.

Bjoern Werner would be a steal

Those players are never going to be there when we pick. This draft will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Those players are never going to be there when we pick. This draft will never happen.
    lets just re-do the same drafts over and over again instead of mixing it up bc that would be way more fun than discussing hypothetical drafts

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    That's a bold statement, all bet atleast one of those players are there when we pick lol

Bench Player
    I like your mock draft bro, all but your 1st pick. I have spent the past two days looking at FSU tape, and clearly Carradine was far n away better than Werner. Carradine just keeps jumping off the screen. Also better has better against the run, IMO.

Minter in the second is not far fetched.... 2009 both Rey Maualuga and James Laurenitus were considered first round talent... they both dropped to round two. It is very possible that they will be there.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **