+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Report: Spagnuolo Will Be Eagles' DC December 27

Report: Spagnuolo Will Be Eagles' DC
    December 27 San Diego Union-Tribune
    Share Article
    "League sources have said for weeks that Kroenke plans to clean house after the season, firing both head coach Steve Spagnuolo and General Manager Billy Devaney. League sources also said this week that it is all but certain that Spagnuolo will join Andy Reid's staff in Philadelphia as the Eagles' defensive coordinator. Devaney, who was the Chargers Director of Player Personnel from 1990-2000, will not be a candidate in San Diego."

Click here for full article

Veteran

Re: Report: Spagnuolo Will Be Eagles' DC December 27

[quote user="SmashmouthD"]Report: Spagnuolo Will Be Eagles' DC
    December 27 San Diego Union-Tribune
    Share Article
    "League sources have said for weeks that Kroenke plans to clean house after the season, firing both head coach Steve Spagnuolo and General Manager Billy Devaney. League sources also said this week that it is all but certain that Spagnuolo will join Andy Reid's staff in Philadelphia as the Eagles' defensive coordinator. Devaney, who was the Chargers Director of Player Personnel from 1990-2000, will not be a candidate in San Diego."

Click here for full article[/quote]

FML

I pretty much want to cry

Are teams allowed to talk to head coaches about jobs before the end of the season? I thought there was a league rule about that...

Veteran

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"]I pretty much want to cry[/quote]

Yup. Philly can easily do it to. I do think the Giants will win this week against Dallas putting them into the playoffs. This will prevent the Giants from being able to bring in Spags. Both Philly and St. Louis will be done by Monday next week. As quickly as Spags is fired, Philly can fire/reassign Castillo and hire Spags.

Basically this pretty much stinks if true.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

i dont hate perry but i wouyld fire him and double the eagles offer to get Spags back as our DC

everyone RELAX. This may end up happening, as we've talked about on the board but this story has to be 100% BS. There is no way anyone knows what Spags is going to do. Do you honestly think he has given much consideration to what his next move is? I think the qualities we all love about Spags would mean there' no chance he is focused on anything besides trying to win. Just my gut feeling.

You guys act like they will win the Sb lol . Eagles will never win 1 with Vick and mire importantly Andy Reid hahaha

" San Diego Union-Tribune"

I'll wait until I see it elsewhere before I believe it.

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]everyone RELAX. This may end up happening, as we've talked about on the board but this story has to be 100% BS. There is no way anyone knows what Spags is going to do. Do you honestly think he has given much consideration to what his next move is? I think the qualities we all love about Spags would mean there' no chance he is focused on anything besides trying to win. Just my gut feeling.
    [/quote]

Exactly.

Not to mention he'd take a HC position over a DC position in a heartbeat. Mangini was terrible with the Jets and then Cleveland hired him to be their terrible HC.

And personally, I think few people on these MB's are more overrated than Saint Steve Spagnuolo.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.