+ Reply to Thread

dont fix what aint broken

The line had been playing well and i feel like they took a step back with baas back in the line up. we drafted MitchP to play and he was doing well why bench him for an underpreforming FA with less upside then the younger, stronger, and more physical Petrus

Re: dont fix what aint broken

[quote user="GiantPride27"]The line had been playing well and i feel like they took a step back with baas back in the line up. we drafted MitchP to play and he was doing well why bench him for an underpreforming FA with less upside then the younger, stronger, and more physical Petrus[/quote]

I agree with you 100% and I've said this in other posts but I guess that Baas is going to play because of the big contract they gave him and the fact that no one loses thier starting job after coming back from an injury

We have so many guys that just sit... Why did we draft Mitch or Barden or back in the day Moss??? Truth is we sit on guys due to our player loyaylty rather than weeding out who can and cant play... Then when the stsrter goes down we basically throw 3-4 year rookies in the game...

COACHING BLUNDER at its finest!!!
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

perhaps they start him because Eli is more comfortable receiving the ball from him, over Boothe?

Either way, from the way he played in the 2 games he started, I would like to see Petrus as LG.

[quote user="GiantPride27"]The line had been playing well and i feel like they took a step back with baas back in the line up. we drafted MitchP to play and he was doing well why bench him for an underpreforming FA with less upside then the younger, stronger, and more physical Petrus[/quote]

+1. I have not given up on Baas, but seriously, the OL has finally been looking better with Petrus and Boothe-- why mess with that?

well, in all honesty, in the pass blocking category petrus is bad. he gets blown up horribly and pushed right back into eli.

he is awesome at the run blocking. imo, next year petrus will have a good shot at starting if during the offseason he sures up his pass blocking technique.

They averaged like 4.2 yds per carry. How was it worse?

I don't think Baas is our answer at center....he doesn't seem to have much of a push when run blocking...

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]We have so many guys that just sit... Why did we draft Mitch or Barden or back in the day Moss??? Truth is we sit on guys due to our player loyaylty rather than weeding out who can and cant play... Then when the stsrter goes down we basically throw 3-4 year rookies in the game... COACHING BLUNDER at its finest!!![/quote]

Barden has been hurt every year and when he does play he doesn't do much (i.e. last week against the Jets). If he can manage to make it through a season healthy he will get chances to play and prove himself. Who do you want to sit - Nicks? Cruz? Manningham?