+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For the Gilbride Haters

First off I want to say that Eli Manning has gotten better and better each season under Gilbride, why mess that progession up. The Main Problem with this Offense, is every year we have a young player learning this offense because Reese chooses to let Eli's favorite targets walk each year. Nicks, Manningham, Cruz and Ballard are very young.

Every complains that Gilbride is too pass happy but under Gilbride we had some of the best rushing attacks in Giants history. Until this year our run game hasnot been good (due to Reese neglecting the OLine), but Gilbride still managed to keep some balance.
    Eli has dropped back a total of 556 times to the run being called 380 times. We are dead last in running the ball....We are even lucky to even be running the ball at all.

If Baas is going to continue to be our Center, then we need to be in the Shotgun formation because his snap is the only + in his game. We have two amazing receivers in Nicks and Cruz. Cruz is breaking records and hes a playmaker...Gilbride is doing a great job finding different ways to use Cruz. Gilbride has been playing to our strengths all season long and people constantly blame him....Running the ball our of a shotgun formation is ok when u have an Offensive Line that doesnt maul a DL at the point of attack....We need to be as deceptive as we can with this Oline. I also think the Shotgun RUn has been our best running formation and we broke off some big runs and valuable two point conversions with it.

Give the man a break. Yall ran Sean Payton out of town and look how great he is now because people acted as if Kerry Collins was the greatest Qb ever. Kevin Gilbride has been a better coordinator than what people give him credit for. Did u see the Jets Coordinator who had Sanchez drop back 60 times against JPP and Tuck lol. If Reese would do his job like Acorsi had...we would be a much better team. This team needs some vocal leadership that Reese failed to produce to this day, and we need more guys who play with heart than a gym rat with a nice physique.

Re: For the Gilbride Haters

He earned his stripes!

my favorite part of the KG bashing is the amateur play callers. As if we know what play was called vs. what play was checked out, who had a terrible week of practice, who is limited in the game, etc etc....KG is a good coordinator, the problem is (and it's not limited to NYG fans) if a coordinator is not considered the best there is, at some point, the fan base will blame the coaching, not the players. Our offense is very good, and finding a good OC is not easy, just ask the Jets.

I'm still not sold. In the last few years we've had 4 WR's step up to pro bowl or near probowl level while everything else has gotten worse. Granted Gillbride should get credit for that but we've invested considerable resources to support his passing offense and our success rate can't be sustainable.

He's always been against the run for the better term of his coaching calls, and he is so pass happy that I think he hurts the teams chances when some creativity is needed when called upon.

I think he has some good assistants under him to draw up plays, but I question him when he does stupid things, like stop running in 2008 against the eagles in playoffs. Our running game was arguably the best in the NFL then, and he stops it to use all his pass happy plays. What in sam hill were you thinking???

[quote user="BigBlue2010"]I'm still not sold. In the last few years we've had 4 WR's step up to pro bowl or near probowl level while everything else has gotten worse. Granted Gillbride should get credit for that but we've invested considerable resources to support his passing offense and our success rate can't be sustainable.[/quote]

Invested considerable resources to support the passing offense? Reese did a good job drafting Nicks, and the caoching staff did a good job developing young players. We never spent much money for a great free agent veteran receiver, tight end, receving running back or even a high priced Left Tackle. All of the money on the Giants were spent on the Defensive Line and secondary. We have two undrafted rookies helping our passing attack. We chose not to go after Steve Smith, Plax or even Kevin Boss.

Gilbride has turned "Nobodys" into Pro Bowlers under his offense. Derek Hagan even had some success in this offense. If the receviers could hang on to the damn ball...it would be Eli Manning smashing passing records...but i guess those drops are all on Gilbride.

[quote user="T-Murda84"][quote user="BigBlue2010"]I'm still not sold. In the last few years we've had 4 WR's step up to pro bowl or near probowl level while everything else has gotten worse. Granted Gillbride should get credit for that but we've invested considerable resources to support his passing offense and our success rate can't be sustainable.[/quote]

Invested considerable resources to support the passing offense? Reese did a good job drafting Nicks, and the caoching staff did a good job developing young players. We never spent much money for a great free agent veteran receiver, tight end, receving running back or even a high priced Left Tackle. All of the money on the Giants were spent on the Defensive Line and secondary. We have two undrafted rookies helping our passing attack. We chose not to go after Steve Smith, Plax or even Kevin Boss.

Gilbride has turned "Nobodys" into Pro Bowlers under his offense. Derek Hagan even had some success in this offense. If the receviers could hang on to the damn ball...it would be Eli Manning smashing passing records...but i guess those drops are all on Gilbride.[/quote]

don't forget our RBs...a 4th rounder, and a 7th rounder.

[quote user="TrueBlue07"][quote user="T-Murda84"][quote user="BigBlue2010"]I'm still not sold. In the last few years we've had 4 WR's step up to pro bowl or near probowl level while everything else has gotten worse. Granted Gillbride should get credit for that but we've invested considerable resources to support his passing offense and our success rate can't be sustainable.[/quote]

Thanks almost forgot about that. The Giants coaching staff has done a wonderful job developing these guys. Gilbride has always put our players in positions to succeed, and doesnt start a young player until he fully grasps the offense (unless Reese puts Gilbride into a position where he has to start a young player). Eli Manning would be against letting Gilbride walk. Why would people even consider letting Mannings coach and OC leave...doesnt he lose enough people around him? Please lets put Eli in position to succeed for once.

Gilbride has turned "Nobodys" into Pro Bowlers under his offense. Derek Hagan even had some success in this offense. If the receviers could hang on to the damn ball...it would be Eli Manning smashing passing records...but i guess those drops are all on Gilbride.[/quote]

don't forget our RBs...a 4th rounder, and a 7th rounder.
    [/quote]

[quote user="T-Murda84"]
    Give the man a break. Yall ran Sean Payton out of town and look how great he is now because people acted as if Kerry Collins was the greatest Qb ever. [/quote]
    Most of us were pretty shocked when JF punted Payton as his OC. Saw it as a desperate move by a desperate head coach. I really liked the way Payton ran the offense.

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]my favorite part of the KG bashing is the amateur play callers. As if we know what play was called vs. what play was checked out, who had a terrible week of practice, who is limited in the game, etc etc....KG is a good coordinator, the problem is (and it's not limited to NYG fans) if a coordinator is not considered the best there is, at some point, the fan base will blame the coaching, not the players.* Our offense is very good, and finding a good OC is not easy, just ask the Jets.
    [/quote]

Sanchez is garbage... Eli is way beter than Sanchez.. In fact Id liek to see us run an O like that with a guy like ELi who could make the throws... Ill say our O wouldnt be leading the league in numbers but Id bet we won more games...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!