+ Reply to Thread

Expectations-The Game-Ambivalence

I don't know what to expect Sunday night, a smash mouth "D" with a pass rush and a hot Eli hand without receiver drops and a team full of fight, ORRR another "play-for-pay" and "Goodbye-Tom" night, ORRR feeding on my frenzied ambivalence as to whether or not we even belong in the playoffs, I do want us there, but then, do I? We make it and the result might be no changes in team or coaches and the same-old-same-old next year of win one or two big ones and lose to lesser talented opponents, but then my hopes for a bury JJ and team 44-17 send them back to Dallas to their billion dollar plus crypt return and i yell "Yeh, that's it bury the bums!"

All-Pro

Re: Expectations-The Game-Ambivalence

I think either way, Coughlin remains and so does KG... Fewell's fate is probably already decided as well, so you might as well root for the win
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

[quote user="Red Dog"]I don't know what to expect Sunday night, a smash mouth "D" with a pass rush and a hot Eli hand without receiver drops and a team full of fight, ORRR another "play-for-pay" and "Goodbye-Tom" night, ORRR feeding on my frenzied ambivalence as to whether or not we even belong in the playoffs, I do want us there, but then, do I? We make it and the result might be no changes in team or coaches and the same-old-same-old next year of win one or two big ones and lose to lesser talented opponents, but then my hopes for a bury JJ and team 44-17 send them back to Dallas to their billion dollar plus crypt return and i yell "Yeh, that's it bury the bums!"[/quote]

already a thread on this topic...

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2394116.aspx

you root for your team to win especially versus a div rival and especially with playoff implications.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

IMO this isn't even an Q...I want to bury the Cowboys and embarrass them. You never know what will happen in the playoffs. The terrible Colts D in 06 tightened up in time to make a run, we saw a run of our own. Getting to the playoffs isn't to be taken for granted. Stick with your gut, bury the bums!

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]IMO this isn't even an Q...I want to bury the Cowboys and embarrass them. You never know what will happen in the playoffs. The terrible Colts D in 06 tightened up in time to make a run, we saw a run of our own. Getting to the playoffs isn't to be taken for granted. Stick with your gut, bury the bums!
    [/quote]

agreed...

In the imortal words of Herm Edwards...

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME".....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="brad"]I think either way, Coughlin remains and so does KG... Fewell's fate is probably already decided as well, so you might as well root for the win [/quote]

Are you saying that if a lose would bring the firing of TC and KG that you would rather lose than win the division?????? Are you serious????