+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mangenius DC?

Bench Player

Mangenius DC?

He knows from the 4-3 in his early days with the Pats, and ran one his first year with the Jets.

There's a rumor he turned down the Eagles coordinator position.

I can think of worse choices.

Two control freaks in the locker?

(Ready for flames.)

Re: Mangenius DC?

Who...

[quote user="Idkaname"]Who...[/quote]

The Mangina
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

he seems like a
    really smart guy on ESPN, but I think he's completely wrong for this team. Our
    D is very emotional and they played their best football under aggressive coaches
    who looked like maniacs on the sideline (Spags, and Fewell last year). Mangina
    would be another Bill Sheridan from everything I've seen about him. Althought it
    would be hilarious watching him try to cover up O$i's antics next year if we
    don't move him.

I like Bo Pelini Head Coach of Nebraska a lot but I dont know if he would come back to the NFL as a Defensive Coordinator. He has developed some very good football players as a defensive coach over the years. Very good at defending the pass

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I like Bo Pelini Head Coach of Nebraska a lot but I dont know if he would come back to the NFL as a Defensive Coordinator. He has developed some very good football players as a defensive coach over the years. Very good at defending the pass[/quote]

Yeah I don't know that leaving a program like that for a DC position would be considered a "step up"

Veteran

I think it's a real risk.

He'd be fine for another team, but no way I want him on the Giants.

let's see how the last week and playoffs play out, before we all fire Perry. If the team plays amped up like they did against the Jets or Packers, I don't see big changes to the coaching staff.

Of course Fewel's contract is up at the end of the season, so he could decide to move on, or possibly land a HC job. He has received interviews the last few years.

nah he lost the jets players in 2008 and wouldnt bring any emotion to this team.