+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This offseason, would his be even remotely possible?

Cut
    Brandon Jacobs
    DJ Ware
    Rocky Bernard
    then any dead wood we have

Re-Sign
    Mario Manningham
    Terrell Thomas
    Jon Goff
    Jake Ballard
    Aaron Ross
    (I imagine we can get back the latter 4 fairly cheap and/or decently priced)

Sign:
    Demetrius Bell
    Mike Tolbert
    Red Bryant
    Dan Connor

Draft
    Dont'a Hightower ILB

Cordy Glenn G
    LaMichael James RB
    Don Barclay OT
    D'Anton Lynn CB

Restructure Contrcts for
    Eli Manning
    Chris Canty
    Antrel Rolle
    Chris Snee

The resignings and FA shouldnt cost too too much, but idk what our cap space looks like and how much we can free up

Veteran

Re: This offseason, would his be even remotely possible?

I wouldn't sign any free agent RB's. Tolbert is nice but no way am I signing him and drafting a RB.

Love Cordy Glenn

Doubt the mentioned Giants FA will cost that much. Manningham might though.

No doubt Rolle and Canty need to restructure. Their cap numbers really spike.

Also - let's not get blindsided if JPP and Cruz make the Pro-Bowl and have their agents demand raises.

If Jacobs is cut we better get another good RB. No way Bradshaw makes it through an entire season carrying the full load. I would let Ross go. T2 and Goff resign depending upon how the doctors view their recoveries, crossing my fingers they are OK to return 100%. Canty and Rolle should restructure, both have played OK but no where close to what they are getting paid.

[quote user="True 2 Blue"]Cut
    Brandon Jacobs
    DJ Ware
    Rocky Bernard

Re-Sign
    Mario Manningham
    Terrell Thomas
    Jon Goff
    Jake Ballard
    Aaron Ross

Sign:
    Demetrius Bell
    Mike Tolbert
    Red Bryant
    Dan Connor

Draft
    Dont'a Hightower ILB
    Cordy Glenn G
    LaMichael James RB
    Don Barclay OT
    D'Anton Lynn CB

Restructure Contrcts for
    Eli Manning
    Chris Canty
    Antrel Rolle
    Chris Snee

The resignings and FA shouldnt cost too too much, but idk what our cap space looks like and how much we can free up
    [/quote]

I don't necessarily cut BJ, but would keep him around for one more season to see if the O-line can come together better and / or add some improvement there. Unless we draft a highly touted RB, then I'd cut him to make cap space. Cut Ware and Bernard.

I don't see us resigning MM because he could probably get # 2 WR money from another team. It'll be time for Barden to step up as the # 3. TT we could probably get for a good 1-yr deal considering his major injuries. Goff and Ballard will be retained at fair prices. Time to part ways with Ross.

In terms of Dan Connor, just get a decent solid LB in the mold of Pierce (and who led like him too would be nice). Doesn't need to be fancy, just solid. Trade / release Osi, move Kiwi back to DE and get a real LB. In terms of other FA's, just sign some solid starters and capable back-ups for depth (all of this depends on our salary cap, of course).

In terms of drafting -- always take the best talent available. They can either start, or provide depth.

[quote user="TroyArcher"]If Jacobs is cut we better get another good RB. No way Bradshaw makes it through an entire season carrying the full load. I would let Ross go. T2 and Goff resign depending upon how the doctors view their recoveries, crossing my fingers they are OK to return 100%. Canty and Rolle should restructure, both have played OK but no where close to what they are getting paid.[/quote]

It bothers me that we kept Canty over Cofield and they both make the same money -- Cofield actually makes a little less.

Brandon Jacobs
    DJ Ware
    Rocky Bernard

Re-Sign
    Mario Manningham
    Terrell Thomas
    Jon Goff
    Jake Ballard
    Aaron Ross

Sign:
    Demetrius Bell
    Mike Tolbert
    Red Bryant
    Dan Connor

Draft
    Dont'a Hightower ILB

Cordy Glenn G
    LaMichael James RB
    Don Barclay OT
    D'Anton Lynn CB

Restructure Contrcts for
    Eli Manning
    Chris Canty
    Antrel Rolle
    Chris Snee

[/quote]

Looks like the Cuts you suggest could happen.

T2 is gone unless he's ready to come back for a very small very incentive laden contract. This is his second catastrophic injury. He's damaged goods. The market wont be great for him so it could happen. I doubt it though.

Goff I think will be back on relatively cheap

Manningham I think will ask for more money than we will be willing to pay and will likely be gone.

Jake Ballard should be back

Aaron Ross should be a gonner unless he really impresses somebody during this playoff run.

(No body is getting resigned for a huge contract so whoever thinks he's worth one will have to move on.)

I haven't educated myself on the draft yet.

JR doesn't have the stones to approach Eli about restructuring at this point. Eli's monster contract isn't all that big anymore and guys are making more money than him around the league. If Eli doesn't come to JR looking for a bit of boost we'll take that as a W.

Chris Canty I believe will restructre.
    As will Rolle and Snee.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="TroyArcher"]If Jacobs is cut we better get another good RB. No way Bradshaw makes it through an entire season carrying the full load. I would let Ross go. T2 and Goff resign depending upon how the doctors view their recoveries, crossing my fingers they are OK to return 100%. Canty and Rolle should restructure, both have played OK but no where close to what they are getting paid.[/quote]

It bothers me that we kept Canty over Cofield and they both make the same money -- Cofield actually makes a little less.

[/quote]Linval Joseph actually took over Cofield's spot at the 1-Tech DT.... And he's been doing just as good this season if not better than Cofield last year playing the same position in a better defense
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JJC7301"]

[/quote]Linval Joseph actually took over Cofield's spot at the 1-Tech DT.... And he's been doing just as good this season if not better than Cofield last year playing the same position in a better defense
    [/quote]

I didn't know that, but Cofield was better than Joseph against the run, wasn't he? I don't remember the Giants getting run-on like this against Cofield. Then again, this is the weakest our LB has probably ever been.

Veteran

Brandon Jacobs
    DJ Ware
    Rocky Bernard

Re-Sign
    Mario Manningham
    Terrell Thomas
    Jon Goff
    Jake Ballard
    Aaron Ross

Sign:
    Demetrius Bell
    Mike Tolbert
    Red Bryant
    Dan Connor

Draft
    Dont'a Hightower ILB
    Cordy Glenn G
    LaMichael James RB
    Don Barclay OT
    D'Anton Lynn CB

Restructure Contrcts for
    Eli Manning
    Chris Canty
    Antrel Rolle
    Chris Snee

[/quote]

My 2 cents:

-I like DJ Ware he is effective at times but very cheap, his performance meets his price tag.

-I think they will try to retain BJ but only if he takes a large pay cut and honestly, he might.

BUT, if we lose BJ then I am for signing a FA back....but honestly I dont think our run game will change much, they are a good group WHEN the OL is opening it up for them.

-We need to draft a LB in the first round flat out. No excuses.

TRADE Osi, get some extra picks, use them to get into position to get the LB we want. I will miss Osi, but with Kiwi, Tuck, JPP, Tolly, we dont need him especially at that price.

-2nd round we need to get the BPA BUT we need to try and make that agood Offensivetackle. I almost feel we need a Tackle more than a guard. KMack is still servicable but hes old and it has shown this year. I don't think KMack is coming back next year.

Our OL will likely look like Beatty, Snee, Boothe, Baas, Deihl, Petrus, Brewer and maybe a guy we draftas possibly making up our OL next year unless we sign a guy.Depending on who we draft, how ready they are, and how ready Brewer is will determine who starts where but Snee, Boothe, Beatty, Baas will all likely start.

-Basically we need a tackle more than a guard but we need a LB more than anything.

I like Burfict, I think hed be a beast for us as a MLB, another option would be to keep Goff since hes a good run stuffer and has shown progress in coverage and draft Zach Brown. He has some speed, between him and boley they can cover ground with goff stuffing the middle.

Burfict would be the right choice if he can keep his attitude in check, the guy would strive here behind our DL hed be a beast. Put some nasty in our LB corps.

I see our main needs for draft and FA signings are:

1-LB

2-OT(KMack is old...it has shown...we need young blood here and fast.)

3-TE(someone to go along with Ballard and NOT Travis Beckhum! We need another pass option with the ability to block some)

4-OG (with Petrus, Boothe looking good in thier time I dont think the FO will see this as a big need)

5-S(I know some think safety isnt a huge need and its not but Sash is ok but his potential seems really limited and we could def use better depth here)

6-WR(mario will be gone, im pretty certain. Barden will stay and JJ will progress likely but nothing wrong with drafting another to throw in there for depth etc)

Dont forget trading Osi.
    Let Kareem Mckenzie walk
    Cut David Diehl.