+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Sorry I Doubted Cruz

The guy has been nothing short of outstanding this season and a real shot in the arm for our offense.

I didn't think much of him and underestimated his talent. As it turns out, I was really off the mark.

Glad we have him

Veteran

Re: Sorry I Doubted Cruz

[quote user="Weygand"]The guy has been nothing short of outstanding this season and a real shot in the arm for our offense.

I didn't think much of him and underestimated his talent. As it turns out, I was really off the mark.

Glad we have him[/quote]

I was a big Cruz fan and I still underestimated his talent. I don't think anyone could have predicted a season like this.

I mean he had this huge preseason game. Any knowlegable fan knows to take that witha grain of salt.

I just wanted to see what he could do in a real game. If I'm coaching pewees and some kid takes over a scrimmage in practice I'm gonna be anxious to see if he can do it in a real game.

And I know alot of us were pulling for him because he had such a huge preseason game AND he was an undrafted free agent from UMass of all places. They barely have a football program up there. Its a great underdog story.

I don't really think you should feel the need to eat crow just because you wanted to see him do it again first
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Veteran

[quote user="burier"]I don't really think you should feel the need to eat crow just because you wanted to see him do it again first[/quote]

Good point. Thanks for the response!

[quote user="Weygand"][quote user="burier"]I don't really think you should feel the need to eat crow just because you wanted to see him do it again first[/quote] Good point. Thanks for the response![/quote]

how can you underestimate any pro athelete when they first start. if they were good enough to get there then its all up to them to have the drive, heart, and most important the work ethicto compete.

Dnot get me wrong its not like I said Cruz was going to be the player he is but I never count any one out until the they count themselves out.

Some are obviously more talented then others but IMO if you want it you will get it.

For example...Ryan Leaf. Did he suck as a QB or did he suck because he didnt want it bad enough?

I think he didnt make it as an NFL QB was because he didnt want it and didnt work hard enough once he got to the NFL.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="Weygand"][quote user="burier"]I don't really think you should feel the need to eat crow just because you wanted to see him do it again first[/quote] Good point. Thanks for the response![/quote]

how can you underestimate any pro athelete when they first start. if they were good enough to get there then its all up to them to have the drive, heart, and most important the work ethic*to compete.

Dnot get me wrong its not like I said Cruz was going to be the player he is but I never count any one out until the they count themselves out.

Some are obviously more talented then others but IMO if you want it you will get it.

For example...Ryan Leaf. Did he suck as a QB or did he suck because he didnt want it bad enough?

I think he didnt make it as an NFL QB was because he didnt want it and didnt work hard enough once he got to the NFL.

[/quote]

Don't forget the system too. Look at Alex Smith before this year and now.

I was cautiously optimistic. He really showed he had a knack for the ball.

The question was, could he do it in the game, and in big spots. While he still has growing pains, he has proven he can do it in a game and more impotently in big spots and when needed.

He really is the only WR that has made some huge plays for us this year, especially when needed.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

while I wasn't quick on the Cruz bandwagon, I didn't doubt his place on the team. I still can't believe I wanted Dan Morgan over JPP though. There goes my GM resume, lol.

Nobody could have predicted this.

[quote user="NY_Eli"][quote user="GameTime"]

how can you underestimate any pro athelete when they first start. if they were good enough to get there then its all up to them to have the drive, heart, and most important the work ethicto compete.

[/quote] Don't forget the system too. Look at Alex Smith before this year and now.[/quote]

yeah...thats true. But IMO its all about wanting and the desire to achieve it.

Look at Tebow. I cant believe how many dopey talking heads had him selling cars in like 2 months. The guy has desire and wants it badly. He will work his tail off to learn the proper techniques he needs to learn.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch