+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Spags is not the answer to the defense any more than Fewell...

Spags had the benefit of a great Strahan, as well as a consistently great Osi and Tuck.

Not to mention, when it came to pressure:

Cofield > Canty
    Robbins > Joseph

Basically, he had the benefit of a great defensive line that pressured the QB consistently.

When Fewell gets consistent pressure, ie the Jets game, his defense looks great too.

I don't care who the coordinator is, our defensive line will make them look great or like a goat.

Re: Spags is not the answer to the defense any more than Fewell...

I got the impression that Spags was miffed with TC after we played St. Louis...... so I don't see him coming back to NY.

Cant convince me of that???
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not so worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]Spags had the benefit of a great Strahan, as well as a consistently great Osi and Tuck.

Cofield > Canty
    Robbins > Joseph

Basically, he had the benefit of a great defensive line that pressured the QB consistently.

When Fewell gets consistent pressure, ie the Jets game, his defense looks great too.

I don't care who the coordinator is, our defensive line will make them look great or like a goat.[/quote]

Dont forget that we had much better linebacker play as well. Pierce was the QB of the defense and made SURE EVERY1 was on the same page. Pierce even had Reggie Torbor looking like a capable starter.

Veteran

Spags with a line of JPP, Joseph, Austin and any of Osi, Tuck, Kiwi would be great. He also would have better DB's and the 07 linebackers weren't that good.

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]Spags had the benefit of a great Strahan, as well as a consistently great Osi and Tuck.

Cofield > Canty
    Robbins > Joseph

I don't care who the coordinator is, our defensive line will make them look great or like a goat.[/quote]

absolutely pure USDA inspected 100% correct.

just left another thread where i was saying the same thing...not as succinct as you , but from the same viewpoint.

Spaggs has taken a very bad rams team and made it worse.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

[quote user="T-Murda84"][quote user="VBGiantsFan"]Spags had the benefit of a great Strahan, as well as a consistently great Osi and Tuck. Not to mention, when it came to pressure: Cofield > Canty Robbins > Joseph Basically, he had the benefit of a great defensive line that pressured the QB consistently. When Fewell gets consistent pressure, ie the Jets game, his defense looks great too. I don't care who the coordinator is, our defensive line will make them look great or like a goat.[/quote] Dont forget that we had much better linebacker play as well. Pierce was the QB of the defense and made SURE EVERY1 was on the same page. Pierce even had Reggie Torbor looking like a capable starter.[/quote]

True, but Fewell is SUPPOSED to have a better secondary than Spags had. Even last year the secondary was letting up too many big plays with Web, TT, Phillips and Rolle.

And Spags helped get us to 12-4 the year after the SB with Strahan having retired and Osi out for the entire year.

I feel that I have ripped Fewell too much on the boards and I agree that the Giants have just been decimated by injuries, but Spags over Fewell is still a no-brainer IMO.

Veteran

Cofield > Canty
    Robbins > Joseph

It's kind of a chicken-and-egg scenario though isn't it? I mean obviously if your scheme isn't working, the team isn't going to look like a bunch of superstars.

Honestly I think our whole secondary was bad talent-wise in 2007 but the strength of our defense as a whole covered it up.

All-Pro

It's funny because the Rams have so many injuries this year, especially to their secondary, and it has been mentioned by the media as well. Yet when PF is mentioned no one seems to want to remember all the injuries his unit had in the secondary, the loss of Goff, Sintim, and Austin. Also Tuck just seems to be getting healthy for the 1st time this year.

Banned

[quote user="buddy33"]It's funny because the Rams have so many injuries this year, especially to their secondary, and it has been mentioned by the media as well. Yet when PF is mentioned no one seems to want to remember all the injuries his unit had in the secondary, the loss of Goff, Sintim, and Austin. Also Tuck just seems to be getting healthy for the 1st time this year.[/quote]What the hell has Sintim and Austin ever done. We lost Goff and I agree, I thought that was a big blow. Besides that, we lost TT(big loss) and some other guys that you can find on a couch somewhere. J Williams is filling in nicely and although Ross gave up some big plays, he also MADE some plays where most of us thought that he would be buried deep on the depth chart.