+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Tavon Austin if Cruz is out

He's supposed to be a mix of Welker and Percy Harvin based on potential. If we lose Cruz we should really take a look at this kid with our first round reimbursement

Perhaps the Giants like Jernigan enough to take over in the slot. In my mind there are bigger needs than WR even if Cruz leaves.

Nah, i'd rather load up on Defense if possible.. Get a Pass Rusher that falls to us, weather its Damontre Moore, Bjoren Werner, or Ansah, and then grab a CB or LB in either Alec Ogletree, Desmond Trufant, or Xavier Rhodes... Then go find a WR in RDs 2or3 or even 4... U can find good WR's all over...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Nah, i'd rather load up on Defense if possible.. Get a Pass Rusher that falls to us, weather its Damontre Moore, Bjoren Werner, or Ansah, and then grab a CB or LB in either Alec Ogletree, Desmond Trufant, or Xavier Rhodes... Then go find a WR in RDs 2or3 or even 4... U can find good WR's all over...
    Agreed, I still like Jernigan to maybe take over the slot if Cruz goes. Load up on the D or grab an o-Lineman and maybe grab a guy like Swope around the 3rd if need be.

I don't really think Cruz is worth what he wants. Yea he's a 2cd receiver 1st on some teams. But he is scared to get hit and plays like it. Thos reactions only get worst as time goes on. And all Eli needs is a guy who's adequate at slot and Eli will make him look great. Not that Cruz is adequate he's much better than that but not worth sacrificing the defense for his paycheck. Because with Gilbride style of offense, the defense is dire in winning games. Gilbride strives on his offense having the ball long periods of time. I would love to see Cruz stay, but unless Brady, Peyton, Brees or Rodgers gets him he will not be utilized the same and he's fear will drag him down.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    I don't really think Cruz is worth what he wants. Yea he's a 2cd receiver 1st on some teams. But he is scared to get hit and plays like it. Thos reactions only get worst as time goes on. And all Eli needs is a guy who's adequate at slot and Eli will make him look great. Not that Cruz is adequate he's much better than that but not worth sacrificing the defense for his paycheck. Because with Gilbride style of offense, the defense is dire in winning games. Gilbride strives on his offense having the ball long periods of time. I would love to see Cruz stay, but unless Brady, Peyton, Brees or Rodgers gets him he will not be utilized the same and he's fear will drag him down.
    This "fear" hasn't prevented him from being the most productive receiver on the team and one of the most productive in the league for two years. I know football is supposed to be all about macho and violence but there is also something to be said about being smart specially when you still haven't received any kind of paycheck at all. If you really watched the games you would have seen Cruz come back after several vicious hits and not miss any playing time all year. You would have also seen him avoid some vicious hits and not miss any playing time and stayed contributing at top level. You, on the other hand, would have had him make one or two more catches that would have almost surely resulted in sending him to the IR and the loss of his services for several games. Now that would have really helped the team. If it were a case that they guy was not performing at a high level, you might have a point. Otherwise....... As to the argument that Cruz needs Eli to do well, you could also make the argument that Eli never had as good a year at QB until he had Cruz. In 2007 it was really the defense that won the SB.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    Jerry Rice said he played the game scared his whole career.. I think it turned out fine for him

agreed.. but Cruz isn't going anywhere.. I think?

I just seen on profootballtalk that harvin's new contract will pay him over 12 mil a yr.I can't speak for everyone on this site but in my opinion Cruz is a much better WR.If that goes down you Cruz will want something close to that or beyond.I can't see Reese paying that

Quote Originally Posted by cornerback30 View Post
    I just seen on profootballtalk that harvin's new contract will pay him over 12 mil a yr.I can't speak for everyone on this site but in my opinion Cruz is a much better WR.If that goes down you Cruz will want something close to that or beyond.I can't see Reese paying that
    if that's how much Cruz wants.. then bye bye Victor