+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Giants had Khaseem Greene for private workout ..

Obviously hes a Rutgers kid, and u can have as many in state kids that u want for workouts , but hes clearly a positon of need and a legit possibility.. Its great news for fans of Greene, which i am... I only got this news from Giants101 by the way, and haven't investigated myself.. Its at the bottom of the article...

Karlos Dansby’s Father Says New York Giants “In the Mix” for His Son
    March 13th, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    By Dan Benton

Karlos Dansby's father, Samuel Dansby, told FOX Sports Floridaon on Wednesday that the New York Giants are among several teams "in the mix to sign" to his son. They are allegedly competing with the Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens, who have been in complete fire-sale mode since free agency started on Tuesday.

With Michael Boley having been released and Chase Blackburn getting looks as a free agent in Dallas, the Giants have a clear and glaring need at linebacker. We know it and they know it, which is why they had Jasper Brinkley in for a visit on Wednesday and had Rutgers' Khaseem Greene in for a private workout. It's also why it makes sense they would be in on veteran linebacker Karlos Dansby.

Drafted in the second-round of the 2004 NFL Draft, Dansby spent the first six years of his career with the Arizona Cardinals before being signed by the Miami Dolphins as a free agent in 2010. The Giants had also pursued Dansby that year before he took his talents to South Beach.

The now 31-year-old linebacker, who was released earlier this week, had a career year in 2012, collecting a personal best 134 tackles, adding a sack and nine passes defended. And although some will suggest he's lost a step, Dansby proved there's still a lot of gas left in the tank.

For the right price and the right amount of years, Dansby is likely the best fit Big Blue will find this offseason.

Dansby at the right price would be awesome. The question is how much is he looking for because he clearly has some left to offer. If you throw in Greene in round 2 and all of a sudden LB would be one of the strengths of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    Dansby at the right price would be awesome. The question is how much is he looking for because he clearly has some left to offer. If you throw in Greene in round 2 and all of a sudden LB would be one of the strengths of the defense.
    He is 31, maybe he wants to be on a contender and will take a Jenkins type deal? Then draft Greene or Brown and our Lb core looks better then it has in years!

Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    Agreed.. Jaquain Williams, Karlos Dansby, and Khaseem Greene is a nice 3LB's to head your core... I"m intrested in James Anderson released by Carolina and i like Jasper Brinkley as a 2down run stopper and thumper as well..

Heres a better article about it...

Rutgers Linebacker Khaseem Greene Will Workout for New York Giants
    March 13th, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    By Dan Benton
    Not even 24 hours after Giants 101 sat down with Rutgers linebacker Khaseem Greene for an exclusive interview, the youngster is on his way to the TIMEX Performance Center to meet with the New York Giants.

"Honestly, my expectations are very high," Greene told Giants 101. "I expect to go on the first day and in the first round. Whether it be late or mid, I think I'm a first-round caliber player. But at the same time, wherever I go, all I need is the opportunity to get into somebody's camp an show them I can play football."

There's not much to add to what Paul covered yesterday, but keep in mind that Greene will be appearing with his teammate, Jawan Jamison, at RedZone in Sayerville, NJ. on March 14th from 7-9 PM. For more information, check out the event page at Sports Fan Promotions.

Read more...