+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants had Khaseem Greene for private workout ..

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I've seen highlights of him and I'm not impressed
    What'd u watch with your eyes closed? Get out of here with this cr@p.. He was a beast and a dominate figure in almost every 2012 game. Im not sure what there isnt to like about Greene, as he fits the protoype of all good LBs in the league and has the stats to back himself up, but I guess we are all allowed to have our opinions. I think he's an awesome 2nd round pick if he's still there. I agree, def not a 1st.
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 03-14-2013 at 07:59 AM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I heard the guy from the National Football Post on NFL Radio and he said that he had real concerns about Greene's football instincts.
    I'd love to hear the elaboration on that discussion and reasons why. I've done my homework with Greene and like what I see. Haven't heard too much downside on the kid. If we're listening to reports,I think it was bleacher report who had him listed as the LB to be most successful in the NFL. Just sayin.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

What I got out of that was that the Giants are targeting a LB prospect in the second round.

Dollars to donuts it's going to be Arthur Brown. Why?

Greene is a WILL prospect and we have our starting WILL (JWill) and his backup (Paysinger) already on the team. Greene is fairly maxed out in size and doesn't shed blocks which makes him a no-no for the SAM and MIKE positions (both of which we need).

Arthur Brown can play both the SAM and the WILL and is projected to go around the same time in the draft as Greene is (mid-late 2nd round) and is (by most) rated slightly higher than Greene.

Dansby would be a great addition no matter what we do in the draft. A VERY solid two year catch.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I'd love to hear the elaboration on that discussion and reasons why. I've done my homework with Greene and like what I see. Haven't heard too much downside on the kid. If we're listening to reports,I think it was bleacher report who had him listed as the LB to be most successful in the NFL. Just sayin.
    Bleacher Reports are a joke.

Just stating what I heard. The guy that gave the opinion was a former scout for more than one NFL team. Admittedly, I don't know if it's a legitimate concern or not though . . .

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...khaseem-greene

Upsides and downsides.

Basically Greene is a slightly smaller version of Ogletree with the same upside and the same downside.

Like Ogletree, Greene is a converted Safety and is good in pass coverage and has great range.

Like Ogletree, Greene can't shed a block to save his life and avoids blockers rather than stacking-shedding (a prereq for a MLB).

Like Ogletree, Greene has a ton of highlights.

Stop looking at highlight films (anyone looks impressive when you're only seeing their best).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 03-14-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

Stop looking at highlight films (anyone looks impressive when you're only seeing their best).
    Sure thing, Dad. I suppose we should all just watch every college footbal game that's ever on, right? Im sure all coaches watch highlights of players, along with other scouting write-ups and film.
    I also think with the right coaching that Ogletree or Greene could easily play the Mike with their speed and coverage skills. Ogletree especially has room to bulk up. Perhaps shedding blocks and jamming the run is something to work on in camp. I dont think Ogletree or the other top tier LBs are left in the 2nd and if we pass on this position in the 1st, I think Greenes our guy for our next round. Just my 2 cents and Im prob wrong anyway.

- Homer J. Simpson

Instincts are what Mike Mayock liked alot with Greenes game.. His instincts are above avg, as thats why hes so good, as hes not the tear up the combine type.. Hes simply a football player who knows how to play the game and knows his objectives and how to make those objectives occur.. Hes a safe bet in my opinion to be a playmaking LB, that makes impact plays regularly.. I also think hes plenty physical enough and i've seen him sacrifice his body to make the play many times...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

Upsides and downsides.

Basically Greene is a slightly smaller version of Ogletree with the same upside and the same downside.

Like Ogletree, Greene is a converted Safety and is good in pass coverage and has great range.

Like Ogletree, Greene can't shed a block to save his life and avoids blockers rather than stacking-shedding (a prereq for a MLB).

Like Ogletree, Greene has a ton of highlights.

They can't shed blocks to save there life??lol alittle dramatic don't u think?

Just re-read some of this thread and hope I didnt come across as a jack@ss towards anyone (Kruunch). Im just really wanting a LB and think this is the year to take one in the 1st or 2nd. A lot of the guys out there have G-men potential, but think they'll be gone by the 3rd. Ogletree, Mingo, and Brown I would def grab at 19 and I think Greene's def a solid round 2 pickup, along with Te'o if he's still lingering at 49 overall.

- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    They can't shed blocks to save there life??lol alittle dramatic don't u think?
    Seems like a Catch-22 with most MLB prospects. Either they have good coverage and sideline-to-sideline capabilities but aren't big enough to stack and shed blockers, or they are big enough to stack and shed blockers but don't have the speed to excel in coverage.

Are there any MLB prospects out there that can do both?

+ Reply to Thread