+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you tell me what this number means "-23"?

I cannot believe this, or that no one is talking about this number!

PF--------PA------Net Pts
    363------386------"-23"

But as you can clearly see now it is our total net points for the season. We are negative 23 total points.

That means we have allowed more points then we have scored, and yet we are 8-7.

I think that speaks volumes for the type of defense we have, and how Eli has kept us in the hunt all season.

Only positive we have now, is that the defense finally played a complete game during week 17. Hopefully that was our spring board for the defense as it was for our SB run on Offense towards the end of that season as well.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Veteran

Re: Can you tell me what this number means "-23"?

I don't think it's a very relevant stat.

All points are relative to the team you're playing. If one week NO happens to drop a zillion points on you that's just one game. It doesn't say much about how your team has played all year.

I was going to say Micheal Jordan but.....Thats not good, we have won game by very little margin (beside the jets and first iggle games) and lost games by a considerable margin (Saints, Skins games)

23 - Corey Webster aka C-Web
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="NY_Eli"]I don't think it's a very relevant stat.

All points are relative to the team you're playing. If one week NO happens to drop a zillion points on you that's just one game. It doesn't say much about how your team has played all year.[/quote]Generally I agree but in averages or statistics you have to go by a larger size pool. For 4 or even 8 games can be a small sample size, and can be skewed based on what you have said, and considering we did play some of the offensive power houses this year if not top 4 or 5 out of the league.

Yet we did also allow the skins team to score a bit on us to name one team, and we also allowed many a times for teams to drive and score with under 2 minutes to go before end of the half or game. So with a larger sample size I give it a bit more credence.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="NYfanatic"]I was going to say Micheal Jordan but.....Thats not good, we have won game by very little margin (beside the jets and first iggle games) and lost games by a considerable margin (Saints, Skins games)
    [/quote]I was thinking MJ as well, when I typed the name of the thread lol.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Veteran

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="NY_Eli"]I don't think it's a very relevant stat.

All points are relative to the team you're playing. If one week NO happens to drop a zillion points on you that's just one game. It doesn't say much about how your team has played all year.[/quote]Generally I agree but in averages or statistics you have to go by a larger size pool. For 4 or even 8 games can be a small sample size, and can be skewed based on what you have said, and considering we did play some of the offensive power houses this year if not top 4 or 5 out of the league.

Yet we did also allow the skins team to score a bit on us to name one team, and we also allowed many a times for teams to drive and score with under 2 minutes to go before end of the half or game. So with a larger sample size I give it a bit more credence.[/quote]

I don't think the larger sample size makes a difference. The giants have specific defensive gameplans for each team. It's not like they're sending out the same exact defense every game.

But to be fair, I'm awaiting a not-so-hot grade from my college statistics course, so I might not have any f-ing clue what i'm talking about!

[quote user="DragonSoul"]I cannot believe this, or that no one is talking about this number!

PF--------PA------Net Pts
    363------386------"-23"

But as you can clearly see now it is our total net points for the season. We are negative 23 total points.

That means we have allowed more points then we have scored, and yet we are 8-7.

I think that speaks volumes for the type of defense we have, and how Eli has kept us in the hunt all season.

Only positive we have now, is that the defense finally played a complete game during week 17. Hopefully that was our spring board for the defense as it was for our SB run on Offense towards the end of that season as well.[/quote]

Trouble is Eli and the offense have not played well the last 2 weeks. We are going to need everyone playing their best if we are to make some noise this year.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Don Mattingly.....But seriously it makes sense because we have lost a couple games by a good amount,the New Orleans game comes to mind where most of the games we have won have been last minute close games.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

[quote user="DragonSoul"]I cannot believe this, or that no one is talking about this number! PF--------PA------Net Pts 363------386------"-23" But as you can clearly see now it is our total net points for the season. We are negative 23 total points. That means we have allowed more points then we have scored, and yet we are 8-7. I think that speaks volumes for the type of defense we have, and how Eli has kept us in the hunt all season. Only positive we have now, is that the defense finally played a complete game during week 17. Hopefully that was our spring board for the defense as it was for our SB run on Offense towards the end of that season as well.[/quote]

this is the positive im waiting for. if the Giants make the playoffs with the defense improving on last weeks numbers and play, they could be a very very dangerous team.