+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I don't understand why you want a new OC

Since Kevin Gilbride became the Giants Offensive Coordinator in 2007 (the year we won it all) the giants have always been in the top 10 in the league in points and yards per game.

Name me an available coach who could do ghat on a consistent basis.

You want to rid this team of offensive consistancy for a guy who might call 2 trick plays a game.

And you blame Gilbride regardless!!

If a WR runs the wrong route, blame KG
    If Eli and a WR have a miscommunication, blame KG
    If Eli audibles a play that doesn't work, blame KG
    If the defense make a phenomenal play, blame KG

he will be the new OC for a while

Re: I don't understand why you want a new OC

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Since Kevin Gilbride became the Giants Offensive Coordinator in 2007 (the year we won it all) the giants have always been in the top 10 in the league in points and yards per game.

You want to rid this team of offensive consistancy for a guy who might call 2 trick plays a game.

he will be the new OC for a while[/quote]

I don't think that Gilbride is a bad OC but he is too predictable at times and a little too pass happy. Also It drives me crazy when he goes for a big play on third and short instead of just trying to move the chains to sustain a drive.

[quote user="TheReal_LT"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Since Kevin Gilbride became the Giants Offensive Coordinator in 2007 (the year we won it all) the giants have always been in the top 10 in the league in points and yards per game.

I don't think that Gilbride is a bad OC but he is too predictable at times and a little too pass happy. Also It drives me crazy when he goes for a big play on third and short instead of just trying to move the chains to sustain a drive.[/quote]

You just contradicted yourself. Wouldnt a team expect us to pound the ball on a 3rd and short? Maybe he airs it out to catch the defense off guard?

because he's a coward....
    he never kicked buddy ryan's ***
    after the sideline sucker punch.

total lack of street cred.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

[quote user="TheReal_LT"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Since Kevin Gilbride became the Giants Offensive Coordinator in 2007 (the year we won it all) the giants have always been in the top 10 in the league in points and yards per game.

I don't think that Gilbride is a bad OC but he is too predictable at times and a little too pass happy. Also It drives me crazy when he goes for a big play on third and short instead of just trying to move the chains to sustain a drive.[/quote]

Bingo... Its not that he isnt good... He tries to be to good for the game when at the end of the day its about the X and Os... We all know this:

1st down shotgun or playaction (pass)

2nd down because of INC bunch formation (run)

3rd and short or long now we all know its a 30 yard pass... (pass)

We dont get paid millions to see this and we do... If it wasnt for players like Cruz who catch a 10 yard pass and run 89 yards thats just another KG joke drive...

Here is my flip... Ok so if your the OC and you know the D is banged up shouldnt you be trying to keep them off the field??? Or know they caused a punt or TO, shouldnt you be looking to score and give them a reward???

KK is an all or nothing guy... Id bet if he were at a poker table he would be the one to yell "all in" every hand...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]If a WR runs the wrong route, blame KG
    If the defense make a phenomenal play, blame KG[/quote]You hit it right on the head here.

I hear what you're saying but it seems like he's been doing this a lot lately. I know you want to keep the defense off balaance and all of that but there has been a lot of 3 and outs as a result of going for the big play instead of completing a pass just past the 1st down marker to keep the drive going...

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"][quote user="TheReal_LT"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Since Kevin Gilbride became the Giants Offensive Coordinator in 2007 (the year we won it all) the giants have always been in the top 10 in the league in points and yards per game.

You just contradicted yourself. Wouldnt a team expect us to pound the ball on a 3rd and short? Maybe he airs it out to catch the defense off guard?[/quote]

Here and there fine... But when its 3rd and anything he is going deep... #everytime...

Get well #80!

total lack of use of the short passing game.
    especially when our o-line and running game suck this year.(dead last by the way, we are ranked 32nd in rushing)
    you gotta have a short passing game to sustain drives ; if you don't the D never gets a chance to catch its breath.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

[quote user="stormblue"]total lack of use of the short passing game.
    especially when our o-line and running game suck this year.(dead last by the way, we are ranked 32nd in rushing)
    you gotta have a short passing game to sustain drives ; if you don't the D never gets a chance to catch its breath.[/quote]

Then all you hear is ho wbad the D is nevermind the fact they have been on the field for most of the game... The other O's have no problem keeping our O off the field..

My question is every OC we play just better than ours???

Get well #80!