+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: The Jets . . . lol . . . what a mess

  1. #1
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,601

    The Jets . . . lol . . . what a mess


  2. #2
    that's one great QB camp battle..!

  3. #3
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    I can bet it goes with Matt Sanchez and Garrard, with Kolb fighting David if they decide to go 2 QBs right there.

    I can see Garrard impressing and it seems so "Jet-like" to go with Garrard over Kolb.

    McElroy is done IMO.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I can bet it goes with Matt Sanchez and Garrard, with Kolb fighting David if they decide to go 2 QBs right there.

    I can see Garrard impressing and it seems so "Jet-like" to go with Garrard over Kolb.

    McElroy is done IMO.
    lol... I had the misfortune of watching the Jets-cardinals game... that was so bad that the Pro Bowl was better... And I don't mean this year's pro bowl, I mean the 2010 one...
    Andre the Giant


  5. #5
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,535
    I sort of feel bad for Tebow---what a waste of a trade last season. He barely got in the games and makes you wonder what Woody was thinking? So any development Tebow was making going into last season, was definitely stunted playing for that organization. Tebow was not an all pro by any means at the position, but he seems like a real good guy, and shows a lot of leadership, heart and fire. So if he gets released, I wonder who picks him up, and if so, will he ever get a chance to start and improve/develop further as an NFL QB?

    But if Kolb gets signed by the Jets, I could see he or Garrard winning a QB competition over Sanchez. Sanchez has not impressed me at all since coming into the league. I just think he was an overhyped QB coming out of a big football program(USC). Just my opinion.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

  6. #6
    please don't be on Hard Knocks again

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I sort of feel bad for Tebow---what a waste of a trade last season. He barely got in the games and makes you wonder what Woody was thinking? So any development Tebow was making going into last season, was definitely stunted playing for that organization. Tebow was not an all pro by any means at the position, but he seems like a real good guy, and shows a lot of leadership, heart and fire. So if he gets released, I wonder who picks him up, and if so, will he ever get a chance to start and improve/develop further as an NFL QB?

    But if Kolb gets signed by the Jets, I could see he or Garrard winning a QB competition over Sanchez. Sanchez has not impressed me at all since coming into the league. I just think he was an overhyped QB coming out of a big football program(USC). Just my opinion.
    Tebow was clearly lied to. It's blatantly obvious that he would not have signed with the Jets if he knew how he would be used. McElroy could be a good NFL QB, but I really don't know where he goes from here.

    In the end, Sanchez likely still has to have his spot "taken" from him. This is the Jets after all -- they gave him that ridiculous extension, and rarely justify benching players that they have to pay so much for.

  8. #8
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Tebow was clearly lied to. It's blatantly obvious that he would not have signed with the Jets if he knew how he would be used. McElroy could be a good NFL QB, but I really don't know where he goes from here.

    In the end, Sanchez likely still has to have his spot "taken" from him. This is the Jets after all -- they gave him that ridiculous extension, and rarely justify benching players that they have to pay so much for.
    I didn't see much from McElroy to make an judgement on what he could be to be honest.

    But I know you underlined that word for a reason.

  9. #9
    The gulf between good and bad quarterbacks just continues to widen.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I didn't see much from McElroy to make an judgement on what he could be to be honest.

    But I know you underlined that word for a reason.
    McElroy IMO is as good of an example as you are going to get of someone who's career success fully depended on who he was drafted by. He was not NFL ready, but shows tremendous upside and promise. He's someone who would have benefited greatly by holding a clipboard for 3 years for a Manning, a Brady, a Rodgers -- heck even a Hasselbeck or Palmer, and if he was put in that situation he very likely could have had a successful NFL career.

    He had a lot to learn, but again showed a ton of promise coming out of college. Going to the Jets was probably one of the worst possible situations he could have been put in for where he was in his development at the time.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts