+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: giants do didly sqwatt in free agency

I know it's just disappointing to lose but not gain

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Every year the younger/newer posters whine about our lack of a huge splash in free agency. Every year I tell them the same things. If you want a team that signs big name free agents, who also command big time $, I suggest you find a new team to follow.

Giant do things differently. It isnt the Giants that need to change their ways, since it is obviously working for them, but rather you as a fan who needs to stop trying to turn the Giants into the Cowboys/Skins.
    its nothing to do with The giant way.. They prooved they pay tons of doe in FA'cy when they got cap space and needs when they got Canty, Boley, and Bernard in the matter of like a couple days.. Its that we've been successful for awhile now, making postseasons more often then not and winning SB's, and usually those teams end up having yrs they don't have a ton of cap space because there guys are valued more because they stick out being on winning teams and what not...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    its nothing to do with The giant way.. They prooved they pay tons of doe in FA'cy when they got cap space and needs when they got Canty, Boley, and Bernard in the matter of like a couple days.. Its that we've been successful for awhile now, making postseasons more often then not and winning SB's, and usually those teams end up having yrs they don't have a ton of cap space because there guys are valued more because they stick out being on winning teams and what not...
    Nonsense. Everyone on these boards were furious when we signed Canty and Bernard. Why were they furious? Because we failed to sign Albert Haynesworth for more money than both Canty and Bernad got combined.

It is absolutely the "Giants way"

They may sign a big name guy here or there but every year these boards erupt with complaints from people who arent paying attention.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-15-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Just like every other year, idk y ur surprised

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Every year the younger/newer posters whine about our lack of a huge splash in free agency. Every year I tell them the same things. If you want a team that signs big name free agents, who also command big time $, I suggest you find a new team to follow.
    Eh, I'm not sure if it is really an age problem when it comes to those complaining about no big splashes in FA. There are a decent chunk of older people in the TAGF section worrying because we aren't filling holes with the losses. If anything, I'd say a safer assumption would be that some of the people who don't get it are Yankees fans and are used to having their way when it comes to acquiring players. Completely different beast in the NFL and it might be hard for them to grasp how important player development is in the NFL in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    How much cap doo we have with Philips gone
    Phillips did nothing to help our cap situation, the only thing we get when other teams sign our guys are comp picks the next year

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Eh, I'm not sure if it is really an age problem when it comes to those complaining about no big splashes in FA. There are a decent chunk of older people in the TAGF section worrying because we aren't filling holes with the losses. If anything, I'd say a safer assumption would be that some of the people who don't get it are Yankees fans and are used to having their way when it comes to acquiring players. Completely different beast in the NFL and it might be hard for them to grasp how important player development is in the NFL in comparison.
    I quietly agree, but im not starting a war with Yankee fans tyvm.

if the FO listened to half of you guys the team would be in the cellar year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    totally different sport with totally different rules. I dont think the yankees have anything to do with it at all because if you are a true giants fan for any length of time you know they just don't roll like that. plus any knowledgable fans know there is no salary cap in baseball. it has more to do with teams such as the eagles and seahawks going all out in FA which makes them fell like our FO is dropping the ball while other teams get better, which is not the case. to bring the yankess into it is just misguided.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-15-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    totally different sport with totally different rules. I dont think the yankees have anything to do with it at all because if you are a true giants fan for any length of time you know they just don't roll like that. plus any knowledgable fans know there is no salary cap in baseball. it has more to do with teams such as the eagles and seahawks going all out in FA which makes them fell like our FO is dropping the ball while other teams get better, which is not the case. to bring the yankess into it is just misguided.
    I could go on about how it's actually a legit point to bring up BUT BlueSanta is in the right that we shouldn't get into a heated debate with Yankees fans. If you want to know what I mean, I'd be happy to PM you about it.

+ Reply to Thread