+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

We should still draft Ogletree..

Even with the Dan Connor signing we still can use a young LB for the future especially with the potential of Ogletree. Kiwi Connor and Ogletree would definitely fortify all three linebacker spots for at least the next couple of seasons. And not to mention we would have depth with Williams Rivers Herzlich ect.

i agree... either that or a stud o-lineman... or if a top corner slips... those would be my top 3 that i prefer...

I imagine with the one year deal that Connor is getting that he is more a stop gap/bridge for someone else they may have their eye on either through the draft or they think is already on the team.

Bench Player
    Conner is short term at best...imo

... another thread for that guy? ugh.

That said, this is standard operating procedure for Reese. Plug all holes with decent but not great 1-year solutions, then draft BPA.

I still think between Brown, Te'o, Minter, and Ogletree, one of those 4 will survive to our 2nd round pick. I just can't see 4 inside linebackers being taken that quickly... Oh, and Greene too...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 03-17-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Ogle tree is a real talent. I doubt that JR drafts a LB in the first, and one with issues like that, but I would still be excited if they got him if they believe he won't be a pain in the butt. The guy is a complete LB, but there's going to be a LOT of top talent available at 19. Wouldn't mind a trade down.

Nothing would make me happier, yeh now I think an OLineman is more likely.

Banned
    Chase Blackburn had a better 40 yard dash when he went to the combine. Ogletree's athleticism is absurdly overrated and we don't pick LBs. Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Chase Blackburn had a better 40 yard dash when he went to the combine. Ogletree's athleticism is absurdly overrated and we don't pick LBs. Just stop.
    so dont post if you dont like it, easy enough.

O-line or Ogletree in the 1st.. unless some crazy stud falls