+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manti teo wouldn't be a bad pick at 19

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    Chase = 4.69
    Ogletree = 4.62

And that's when Chase was young...

And they are not massively overrated. 40 yard dash doesn't count for all. The 20 yard shuttles is extremely important. Ogletree athleticism is not massively overrated, and if it was I'm sure Mike Mayock wouldn't put him up there with the Cushings and Kuekhlys coming out of college.
    Running in the 4.6 range for any MLB is considered very good. Everyone seems to have an Al Davis mentality and assumes that because a player runs fast he will be good, or have a higher ceiling. That's not the case, 40 times mean nothing when you're playing inside the box.

I know they don't I was just comparing to the fellow that said that Chase runs a faster 40. What matters a lot is the explosion drills, the 20 yard shuttle and the 10 yard dash. That's is probably why Coughlin stands right there.
    Post Week 1 FA

1st Round: Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
    2nd Round: Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU
    3rd Round: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    4th Round: Jackson Jeffcoat DE, Texas
    5th Round: Aaron Colvin, CB Oklahoma
    6th Round: Zack Kerr, DT Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    I know they don't I was just comparing to the fellow that said that Chase runs a faster 40. What matters a lot is the explosion drills, the 20 yard shuttle and the 10 yard dash. That's is probably why Coughlin stands right there.
    Yep, more about lateral movement and closing speed and awareness than anything else. A middle linebacker in a 4-3 has to be able to cover alot of ground because they have alot of space to sit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Yep, more about lateral movement and closing speed and awareness than anything else. A middle linebacker in a 4-3 has to be able to cover alot of ground because they have alot of space to sit in.
    Te'o is probably the best at covering ground inside the box. He's an every down backer that not only drops into coverage smoothly, he also plays the zone better than 90% of the Line-backing draft class. He's not going to chase down McCoy on a power toss but then again who is? lol It's a very close skill set comparison when you talk about Ogletree and Te'o, depending on how much you value stopping the run versus having a guy that can rush from any spot on the field will determine who you pick.

Veteran
    I don't get why everyone is saying Teo is slow. U watch his game tape and he flies all around the field. The guy has a nose for the football, and that's something u can't teach! Yes he was really bad against Bama, but the whole team sucked that day. Would I want someone else at 19? Yes but wouldn't mind Teo there either. I just don't get all the hate for this guy.

I would have to agree with everyone here Ogletree i think is more athletic and fast. And we don't need that drama Manti Te'o brings to the field.

+ Reply to Thread