+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The kid got abused in the Alabama game....No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    The kid got abused in the Alabama game....No thanks!
    So did Ogletree.

Oh yeah it won't happen though. The Giants chose not to interview Te'o, plus Reese is not a big fan of LB in the first. i thin we either go CB or DE in the first. Because there will be 5 OL guaranteed in the top 20 there will be pass rushers that will fall to us, and I think reese takes one of them, even though I want him to take Ogletree.
    Post Week 1 FA

1st Round: Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
    2nd Round: Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU
    3rd Round: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    4th Round: Jackson Jeffcoat DE, Texas
    5th Round: Aaron Colvin, CB Oklahoma
    6th Round: Zack Kerr, DT Delaware

Te'o would be a good addition to our group of Lb'ers. Right now there's no one at the position with the Intangibles Te'o brings. In college he faced a lot of spread offenses which improved his coverage skills, and although he may lack the proper 40 time, his instincts and quick thinking will have him in the right place at the right time. Whether it's making plays at the line or dropping back in coverage I believe Te'o has what it takes to learn and get better at those things in the NFL. Lots of upside for this guy, I hope we draft him at 19.

Teo is over rated imo. Alex Okafor is still very under rated, i wouldn't mind trading down for some team who wanted our spot at 19 for Eiffert or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Te'o would be a good addition to our group of Lb'ers. Right now there's no one at the position with the Intangibles Te'o brings. In college he faced a lot of spread offenses which improved his coverage skills, and although he may lack the proper 40 time, his instincts and quick thinking will have him in the right place at the right time. Whether it's making plays at the line or dropping back in coverage I believe Te'o has what it takes to learn and get better at those things in the NFL. Lots of upside for this guy, I hope we draft him at 19.
    Te'o would be a nice addition, right now anyone would be a good addition, because we have no one at Mac. But if you are at #19 and you got Ogletree and Te'o I pick Ogletree. Te'o is a more reliable guy and you know he will be a leader, but Ogletree has more upside. Ogletreee is a tru sideline to sideline player where Te'o is not. Ogletree is faster and due to play S in early college years he can cover better. In my opinion if we got Ogletree he would move to the outside. A 4-3 MLB is not very valuable, Te'o would fit very nice, but we can still get a solid player to pay the middle and fill the OLB position that is more valuable in a 4-3.
    Post Week 1 FA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    He can't shed blockers, he gets occcasional lucky int's, he and there, but is slow and sluggish. Not athletic or fast like Ogletree, it's like having chase in the middle.
    lol at Ogletree. Chase Blackburn ran a better 40 yard dash than ogletree. His speed and athleticism are massively overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    lol at Ogletree. Chase Blackburn ran a better 40 yard dash than ogletree. His speed and athleticism are massively overrated.
    Well thats not true. Blackburn ran a slower 40 than Ogletree and Teo. But Ogletree didnt run as fast as people tend to think.

OVER RATED!! If you want a preview of what his NFL career will look like watch the Alabama game. In addition he is a total nut job. Buyer beware!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Chase = 4.69
    Ogletree = 4.62

And that's when Chase was young...

And they are not massively overrated. 40 yard dash doesn't count for all. The 20 yard shuttles is extremely important. Ogletree athleticism is not massively overrated, and if it was I'm sure Mike Mayock wouldn't put him up there with the Cushings and Kuekhlys coming out of college.
    Last edited by gabriel_1; 03-16-2013 at 03:59 AM.
    Post Week 1 FA