+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With Bennett Gone, Tyler Eifert Might Be The Next Man Up.

I Think now that the Giants haven't resign Bennett, they will go after Eifert, if hes available which i honestly think he will be. Anybody Agree? He has fantastic hands, he has almost more then half the speed of a WR and i think he will be another target for Eli.

only if he falls to us in the second......which he won't so scratch that idea

I think the Giants have faith that Robinson will be ready to step in as the starter this year. If they draft a tight end it probably wouldn't be until the later rounds(4-7). Then again I have no idea what Reese's board looks like, I just don't think Eifert would be best player available for them at 19.

I would be pulling my hair out if we drafted Eifert in the first. Our Defense was ranked 31st in the league, drafting an offensive player in the 1st would just be ridiculous. I put out there that I don't think our CBs can compete if Webster doesn't step up. I think Hosley will improve, but I think we need another CB very much, we got depth but only one that is able to cove receivers in our league. Leave in count that we paly team like the Broncos, Cowboys and Eagles that have a pair if not a trio o pretty good receivers, having only Prince won't be enough.

Now going to our LB's, we got 4 in our roster. We need to add more.

We will add a TE I thin, but not until the later rounds.
    Post Week 1 FA

1st Round: Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
    2nd Round: Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU
    3rd Round: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    4th Round: Jackson Jeffcoat DE, Texas
    5th Round: Aaron Colvin, CB Oklahoma
    6th Round: Zack Kerr, DT Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan18120 View Post
    I Think now that the Giants haven't resign Bennett, they will go after Eifert, if hes available which i honestly think he will be. Anybody Agree? He has fantastic hands, he has almost more then half the speed of a WR and i think he will be another target for Eli.
    What's your address.... Me and Johnny Knuckles would like to pay you a visit.

I like Eifert. Heard good things about him.. However unless they were proof positive that he was the next Gronk I'd have to agree with the others here. No TE till rounds 4-7.. Defense defense defense in first few rounds..... Only thing that would poss change that would be if we're to lose Cruz prior to the draft then we could take a WR with one of the two first round picks we would have... Even then maybe not. A great defense can cover a multitude of sins created by an average to bad offense. See the 2000 Ravens
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Never mind i just found out that the Giants have scheduled a meeting with Brandon Myers TE of the Raiders. Do you guys think hes good enough for a starter position for the Giants.

No and if so, we are in trouble..

Anyone got a good analysis of Ertz vs. Eifert?

Ertz is awesome, and Eiffert is that athletic kyle rudolph/ Te that can block and has excellent hands. WOuld really boost our offense, but i have a feeling even with Dan Connor, we may pick ogletree.