+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pass Rusher Blitz/Sack numbers

Pass Rusher Blitz/Sack numbers

Saw some interesting tweets today on who is getting home without extra rushers making it easier on them . Will add more when I see them

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
    4.5 of Damontre Moore's 11.5 sacks came when the Aggies blitzed and 2 of Dion Jordan's 5 sacks came on blitzes

Not one of Bjoern Werner's 13 sacks came within an FSU blitz. All sacks were in non-blitz situations.

Q Smith if could recover from injury was better than both, faster than werner and led in sacks.

Veteran
    Also have to consider level of comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Also have to consider level of comp.
    Did Osi face a high level of competition at Troy? and look at the pass rusher he became at the NFL level

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Did Osi face a high level of competition at Troy? and look at the pass rusher he became at the NFL level
    I dont worry to much about the level of comp if I can tell the guy is physically talented enough. It gets dicey when a guy against lower competition is beating guys with technique and average athletic ability. Then u have to question just how well he projects to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Saw some interesting tweets today on who is getting home without extra rushers making it easier on them . Will add more when I see them

4.5 of Damontre Moore's 11.5 sacks came when the Aggies blitzed and 2 of Dion Jordan's 5 sacks came on blitzes

Not one of Bjoern Werner's 13 sacks came within an FSU blitz. All sacks were in non-blitz situations.
    Just another reason Werner is my biggest hopeful at this point, and just ahead of Damontre Moore for me, whos my 2nd hopeful..

Why is Werner allegedly "dropping" [though I doubt it in actual teams' reports]? He was absolutely disruptive. Granted, he's not the greatest of physical specimens, he's still more athletic than the likes of Ryan Kerrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Just another reason Werner is my biggest hopeful at this point, and just ahead of Damontre Moore for me, whos my 2nd hopeful..
    I couldnt agree more. I am trying to keep my excitement at even the possibility that he might drop to us at a minimum because i still find it hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Why is Werner allegedly "dropping" [though I doubt it in actual teams' reports]? He was absolutely disruptive. Granted, he's not the greatest of physical specimens, he's still more athletic than the likes of Ryan Kerrigan.
    In all truth I think it isnt necessarily anything Werner did poorly but rather some other guys being big risers.

Ansah has flown up people's boards and I certainly understand why with his incredible size, speed, quickness combo. But lets face it, he isnt a good "football player" just yet. He certainly has the tools though.

Dion Jordan is also an incredible athlete who as gone up people's charts. But again, his stats really arent that good.

You could even argue Mingo went from a mid/late 1st rounder to a possible top 10 basd on his athleticism.

They are all good football players who could end up playing the same position as Werner and Moore. But it is unlikely ALL of these guys are top 15 picks. For everyone who is a late riser there has to be someone who falls and in this case it could be Werner. But, You are talking about the 2 best football players in Werner and Moore falling in favor of guys who are still better athletes than Football players. I find that hard to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I couldnt agree more. I am trying to keep my excitement at even the possibility that he might drop to us at a minimum because i still find it hard to believe.
    Ya, it don't seem to make much sense.. I mocked em to us today, because its said to be possible, but i don't know about that??lol

+ Reply to Thread