+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now we can draft BPA

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Think its pretty obvious now that the 1st round pick will be an OLineman, now that they brought in a TE and MLB. Oh well, once again, a serious potential at MLB slips through our fingers.
    Ogletree? maybe Connor is just a stop-gap till Ogletree is ready

Starter
    This is great value too, as he offers flexibility and versatility. There are many good players that will be availble when we pick. I like this option too.
    B Jones would be a great addition.

If the Giants draft two OL, one G/C and one T, I will be happy.
    Of course, I agree that we need to select at least 3 athletic players on defense with speed, DL LB DB,

Think its pretty obvious now that the 1st round pick will be an OLineman, now that they brought in a TE and MLB. Oh well, once again, a serious potential at MLB slips through our fingers.
    You mean a serious potential head case...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Veteran
    Why does everyone want a guard? I'm dumbfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    We can get a guard in the 3rd or 4th, I agree. Decent depth at the position this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I would only want Warmack, who is an absolute monster.

But I think the desire for most people is because our late round project offensive lineman have not panned out.

Beatty just finally panned out, but we're still waiting from: McCants, Mosley, Brewer.

And we didn't get anything from Petrus, or Koets.

Banned
    How is it obvious if the Giants ever did that since 1999? Just last year we skipped out on Cordy Glenn, a starting LT, for a RB when our line was putrid. We skip out on left tackles every year and people think it's a foregone conclusion that we're going to pick a guard?

The best guard prospect in a while went 24th or something. Reese ain't getting a guard.

And Reese lets 6th round picks start at MLB. He doesn't know the position exists.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I think B. Jones, from Bama could step right in or be a future replacement for Baas at Center and could also play Guard. Plus he still may be available in the 2nd.
    I love those versatile kind of players too but make no mistake our man's name is Travis Frederick if you looking for that type of player. He has player all his career in Wisconsin all thru the interior. Mean streak and tough SOB. I miss that kind of player like Seubert, Ruegamer and O'hara.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    How is it obvious if the Giants ever did that since 1999? Just last year we skipped out on Cordy Glenn, a starting LT, for a RB when our line was putrid. We skip out on left tackles every year and people think it's a foregone conclusion that we're going to pick a guard?

The best guard prospect in a while went 24th or something. Reese ain't getting a guard.

And Reese lets 6th round picks start at MLB. He doesn't know the position exists.
    So according to you, we are skipping LB and Oline in the 1st. What postition do you predict we draft then? The only other position thats a serious neeed IMO is CB. I dont think we go DE or DT unless its a big drop for someone.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Ogletree? maybe Connor is just a stop-gap till Ogletree is ready
    I think Conner is a stop gap to give herz another year, if needed. I'd love cooper as most ppl here but lets not lie to ourselves. The chances of him lasting to us are slim to none.

+ Reply to Thread