+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

After Myers, Connor, Ross, Murphy, Jenkins, Mundy signings mock draft...

Also had some resignings, as well... So heres the mock with me guessing that were pretty much finished in FA'cy....

1). Bjorn Werner DE Florida St- My biggest hopeful at this point, will make for a beast Dline with Cullen Jenkins, Linval Joseph, JPP, Tuck, and possibly KIWI(if hes moved back to end).. Werner keeps getting better the longer he plays football, and the German born high motor DE is strong and productive.

2). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers- One of my fave players in this draft.. This guys a instinctive playmaker, with solid speed , who simply knows the game...

3). Brian Winters G/T Kent St- Gritty, talented blocker, with versatility... Giants all ready have showed some intrest..

4). Chris Faulk OT LSU- Some competiton for James Brewer... Strong hands, good sized OT, whos very physical..

5). AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- Another piece for the revamping of our LB core.. Klein has great intangables and leadership qualities.. Did very well at Shrine wk as well, and has solid instincts as well..

6). Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St- One of my fave sleeper RB's in this class.. Has speed, balance, and vision, as well as hands outta backfield.. Tougher to take down then his size says he would be...

7). Travis Howard CB Ohio St- Good sized CB, from good program, who battled shoulder stinger this past yr.. Could be a diamond in rought type..

I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around how Werner fell so hard... most mocks had him picked by Jacksonville (2nd overall), and now him falling to us is considered semi-realistic...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around how Werner fell so hard... most mocks had him picked by Jacksonville (2nd overall), and now him falling to us is considered semi-realistic...
    I agree. The same thing happened with Damontre Moore.. They were both top 5 picks and now both are making it to us in most mocks.. I think its crazy, but it does happen most yrs, a few guys fall because of silly stuff..

If Werner dosen't fall to us, i'd be fine taking a stab at Damontre Moore, and if there both not there, i'd be happy taking Ogletree...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Yeah the dumb mocks. Moore was the consensus top DE, not Werner. A few had Werner over Moore after the combine but if you take the combine that seriously then the mock shouldn't.

I'd be very happy with this mock.. nice work.. love the 1st 3 picks

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'd be very happy with this mock.. nice work.. love the 1st 3 picks
    Thanks my friend...

Ya with this mock, we'd have a legit talent at LB to grow with, and also bookend DE's, as well as a couple Olineman who could end up being starters and at least add to our depth, and because of the pickups of Mundy and Ross, and Webster staying put, and Hosley going into yr2, i thought we could wait on CB and focus on other positons.. Klein and Howard could be Jerry Reese type guys that give us plenty more value then there perspective draft slot says they would..

if Faulk can out last year, he would have been a 1st rounder.. guy has some talent. I could see him being the RT

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    if Faulk can out last year, he would have been a 1st rounder.. guy has some talent. I could see him being the RT
    aYes, young grasshopper, u are correct.. I love when teams get down on players and /or forget how good players were before a injury.. Injuries heal, and even though some guys don't come back the same, alot of these guys come back fine or just as good.. I don't mind rolling the dice on guys like Brennan Williams, Chris Faulk, or even Michael Mauti for that matter....

Veteran
    We need another big corner this year so that he is ready next year. Its tough for a lot of corners to step in day one, which is why we need a guy to get some experience this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    We need another big corner this year so that he is ready next year. Its tough for a lot of corners to step in day one, which is why we need a guy to get some experience this year.
    Whos gotta step in next yr? We got FA'cy, we got Hosley, we got Ross, and yes, then the draft.. Then we got a wild card in Terrell Thomas as well.. U can't fix every positon and have it completely set going forward in one yr.. Its hard ..

So what positon shall we ignore then? Interior oline? OT? DE? Is taking a CB in the 6th or 7th rd gonna be the answer? LB maybe? U take a big CB as u say, ur not taking something else.. Obviously if a guy falls or there is great value somewhere, i'm fine with it. Shoot, i agree, we could use another real deal CB going forward, but unfortunetly, we need other things as well, and i feel were set in teh CB area more then those other spots..