+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: After Myers, Connor, Ross, Murphy, Jenkins, Mundy signings mock draft...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    U dont see us drafting a RB over CB this yr??lol Dude, its the 6th and 7th rd...lol U guys are funny.. And yes, Reese all ready said right outta his mouth, that LB is a huge priority for the GIants this yr... He all ready had Khaseem Greene in for a visit as well, and the only player we have at LB who may or may not be a future player for us is Jaquain Williams, a former 6th rd pick.. Trust me, going LB a couple times in the first 5rds is a possiblity...
    I disagree (and so do the Giants historically under Reese).

We'll definitely take a LBer ... just not two in the first five rounds (incidentally Reese has said the same thing about the LBer position for three years running now). Same with OL I'd think and for the same reasons.

And yeah I'd be highly surprised if we draft a RB at all this year. There's just no need (short of someone they like dropping a ton (we do love our value picks)). Conversely, CB is always a position of priority with us (and rightly so) and we're going to need depth there, with CWeb playing his last year for us more than likely. CB will be a high pick I'm thinking (3rd round(ish)).

U say Paysinger, JWILL, and RIvers can all play WLB, but then u knock our CB's??lol Uhh, Prince, Webster, Ross, and Hosley is about as better as u can possibly be then a group consisting of Paysinger, Rivers, and Jwill(hes shown nothing besides a couple flashes as a rook)...

Rivers can't even stay on the field by the way... Paysinger will probably not even be on the team come wk 1... Terrell Thomas is another Wild card for us at CB.. Our CB's are fine for this yr.. Our LB core is completely diffrent scenario...

It dosen't matter, Reese all ready said LB is a huge priority for this team, which makes a ton of sense because its pathetic group.. When a 6th rd draft pick outta S.FLA is ur lone hope of something for the future, and hes shown almost next to nothing besides a few flashes as a Rook, then u know ur in trouble...
    Your analysis is a bit off.

JWill is the most likely candidate for starting WILL and Paysinger is his backup (and they happen to be high on him and for good reason). Rivers is depth for all LBer positions (he can play all three) although I could see him starting at MLB or SAM if Kiwi is pulling DE duty. Well, at least until he breaks hehe.

And Reese says that about LBer every year. Action, not words my friend.

Veteran
    U say Paysinger, JWILL, and RIvers can all play WLB, but then u knock our CB's??lol Uhh, Prince, Webster, Ross, and Hosley is about as better as u can possibly be then a group consisting of Paysinger, Rivers, and Jwill(hes shown nothing besides a couple flashes as a rook)...Rivers can't even stay on the field by the way... Paysinger will probably not even be on the team come wk 1... Terrell Thomas is another Wild card for us at CB.. Our CB's are fine for this yr.. Our LB core is completely diffrent scenario... It dosen't matter, Reese all ready said LB is a huge priority for this team, which makes a ton of sense because its pathetic group.. When a 6th rd draft pick outta S.FLA is ur lone hope of something for the future, and hes shown almost next to nothing besides a few flashes as a Rook, then u know ur in trouble...
    Its just a difference in philosophy between us. I dont care who our linebackers when we have needs at pass rusher and cb. We need another starting cornerback next year. 1. They take time to develop, 2. They aren't cheap in FA. This is almost the exact opposite of any linebacking position.

+ Reply to Thread