+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Whos gotta step in next yr? We got FA'cy, we got Hosley, we got Ross, and yes, then the draft.. Then we got a wild card in Terrell Thomas as well.. U can't fix every positon and have it completely set going forward in one yr.. Its hard .. So what positon shall we ignore then? Interior oline? OT? DE? Is taking a CB in the 6th or 7th rd gonna be the answer? LB maybe? U take a big CB as u say, ur not taking something else.. Obviously if a guy falls or there is great value somewhere, i'm fine with it. Shoot, i agree, we could use another real deal CB going forward, but unfortunetly, we need other things as well, and i feel were set in teh CB area more then those other spots..
    We don't need another weakside linebacker.

I still like Okafor/ansah over Werner, believe both are better at stopping the run, not just Pass rush. I see Werner as another Ryan Kerrigan of Washington possibly. I love Greene, put up awesome stats at Rutgers, and hometown guy. Winters, i feel is a little early in the 3rd, think with his low bench press numbers at the combine, he may be around 4th or 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I still like Okafor/ansah over Werner, believe both are better at stopping the run, not just Pass rush. I see Werner as another Ryan Kerrigan of Washington possibly. I love Greene, put up awesome stats at Rutgers, and hometown guy. Winters, i feel is a little early in the 3rd, think with his low bench press numbers at the combine, he may be around 4th or 5th.
    Ansah will be gone & Okafor is a reach..

and whats wrong with having Ryan Kerrigan opposite JPP..?

Also had some resignings, as well... So heres the mock with me guessing that were pretty much finished in FA'cy....

1). Bjorn Werner DE Florida St- My biggest hopeful at this point, will make for a beast Dline with Cullen Jenkins, Linval Joseph, JPP, Tuck, and possibly KIWI(if hes moved back to end).. Werner keeps getting better the longer he plays football, and the German born high motor DE is strong and productive.

2). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers- One of my fave players in this draft.. This guys a instinctive playmaker, with solid speed , who simply knows the game...

3). Brian Winters G/T Kent St- Gritty, talented blocker, with versatility... Giants all ready have showed some intrest..

4). Chris Faulk OT LSU- Some competiton for James Brewer... Strong hands, good sized OT, whos very physical..

5). AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- Another piece for the revamping of our LB core.. Klein has great intangables and leadership qualities.. Did very well at Shrine wk as well, and has solid instincts as well..

6). Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St- One of my fave sleeper RB's in this class.. Has speed, balance, and vision, as well as hands outta backfield.. Tougher to take down then his size says he would be...

7). Travis Howard CB Ohio St- Good sized CB, from good program, who battled shoulder stinger this past yr.. Could be a diamond in rought type..
    In our first 5 picks, we're drafting two OL and two LBs? Never happen considering our history at how we prioritize those positions.

I also don't see us drafting a RB ahead of a CB this draft (considering we have our starters and depth at RB and they're all young).

Love your first pick and I hope he actually does fall as far as people are projecting. He'd be an awesome replacement for Tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    In our first 5 picks, we're drafting two OL and two LBs? Never happen considering our history at how we prioritize those positions.

I also don't see us drafting a RB ahead of a CB this draft (considering we have our starters and depth at RB and they're all young).

Love your first pick and I hope he actually does fall as far as people are projecting. He'd be an awesome replacement for Tuck.
    U dont see us drafting a RB over CB this yr??lol Dude, its the 6th and 7th rd...lol U guys are funny.. And yes, Reese all ready said right outta his mouth, that LB is a huge priority for the GIants this yr... He all ready had Khaseem Greene in for a visit as well, and the only player we have at LB who may or may not be a future player for us is Jaquain Williams, a former 6th rd pick.. Trust me, going LB a couple times in the first 5rds is a possiblity...

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    We don't need another weakside linebacker.
    Do u even know who we have at Weakside right now? if so, i hope you'd retract that statement.. We got a unproven former 6th rd pick who flashed once or twice his rookie yr, and thats it.. Other then that, we got who? Keith Rivers???lol Ya, were totally set at WLB..lol

Uhh, theres a reason why Reese had Khaseem Greene in for a private workout...

Veteran
    Do u even know who we have at Weakside right now? if so, i hope you'd retract that statement.. We got a unproven former 6th rd pick who flashed once or twice his rookie yr, and thats it.. Other then that, we got who? Keith Rivers???lol Ya, were totally set at WLB..lol Uhh, theres a reason why Reese had Khaseem Greene in for a private workout...
    Jwill paysinger and rivers can all play weakside. Next year we will have one legitimate corner. We don't know how hosley will progress, cweb will be gone and ross is not starting material. Cb is much more important to our success than any non pass rushing linebacker. Given the fact that most cornerbacks take a year or so to be ready to start means we need to draft one this year so that we are set for next year. We made a similar mistake last year when we didn't draft a pass rusher early, knowing we would need one this year. Hopefully we don't make the same mistake at the cb position.

I think it's a pretty solid draft. Would like to see a CB in there somewhere but it's all a matter of opinion. Greene and Klein at LB would be a pretty great combo. I think they would help our pass coverage in a big way too.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Jwill paysinger and rivers can all play weakside. Next year we will have one legitimate corner. We don't know how hosley will progress, cweb will be gone and ross is not starting material. Cb is much more important to our success than any non pass rushing linebacker. Given the fact that most cornerbacks take a year or so to be ready to start means we need to draft one this year so that we are set for next year. We made a similar mistake last year when we didn't draft a pass rusher early, knowing we would need one this year. Hopefully we don't make the same mistake at the cb position.
    U say Paysinger, JWILL, and RIvers can all play WLB, but then u knock our CB's??lol Uhh, Prince, Webster, Ross, and Hosley is about as better as u can possibly be then a group consisting of Paysinger, Rivers, and Jwill(hes shown nothing besides a couple flashes as a rook)...

Rivers can't even stay on the field by the way... Paysinger will probably not even be on the team come wk 1... Terrell Thomas is another Wild card for us at CB.. Our CB's are fine for this yr.. Our LB core is completely diffrent scenario...

It dosen't matter, Reese all ready said LB is a huge priority for this team, which makes a ton of sense because its pathetic group.. When a 6th rd draft pick outta S.FLA is ur lone hope of something for the future, and hes shown almost next to nothing besides a few flashes as a Rook, then u know ur in trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I think it's a pretty solid draft. Would like to see a CB in there somewhere but it's all a matter of opinion. Greene and Klein at LB would be a pretty great combo. I think they would help our pass coverage in a big way too.
    To be fair, once u get to RD5-7, ur hoping u hit on a couple guys, but it becomes a very big crap shoot, even more so then before.. Thats why i get a kick outta people saying " i would of went CB before RB".. Were talking late in the draft, when ur just trying to find players that stick period, let alone trying to think about players that will be a huge part of ur depth at said positon..

But ya, i like Klein and Greene.. On this team, both Klein and Greene could easily end up starting as rooks, becasue theres not a ton of good LB's... I mean, Klein would have to beat out who? Dan Connor? I like Connor on this team, but if ever a 5th rd MLB had a chance to win the job as a rook, its with us this yr.. And as far as Greene, hes a massive upgrade over anyone we have at WLB, and would instantly become our best LB the second his names announed being drafted by giants..