+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuck and JPP flipping sides?

Tuck and JPP flipping sides?

If someone could link my post to Rotowire (on my phone, so I can't link the app's info). Anyway, says JPP is set to become full time LE, and Tuck to focus at RE without as much shifting as years past. Doesn't sound right.

EDIT:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...on-pierre-paul - RF
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-17-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    If someone could link my post to Rotowire (on my phone, so I can't link the app's info). Anyway, says JPP is set to become full time LE, and Tuck to focus at RE without as much shifting as years past. Doesn't sound right.
    Right side of this page
    http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

All-Pro
    eehh....whatever. As long as it works for the team.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The original article comes from the National Football Post. I've never heard of them - are they credible?

It is expected that free agent Osi Umenyiora will not return to the Giants, so the team is planning to compensate by using its remaining pass rushers differently. Instead of playing a rotation in which three men split the snaps pretty evenly as the Giants did last year, I’m told Jason Pierre Paul and Justin Tuck will get the majority of the snaps. And Giants coaches don’t want the ends flipping sides as much. The early talk out of the Timex Performance Center is Pierre Paul may become a full-time left end, with Tuck concentrating on the right side.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-4049.html (Near the bottom of the page)

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The original article comes from the National Football Post. I've never heard of them - are they credible?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-4049.html (Near the bottom of the page)
    Andrew Brandt is their guru and he's pretty knowledgeable. This is also being reported by Rotoworld
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Why would they do this? JPP has played more effectively when he's been positioned at Right End.

Tuck is likely to be ineffective on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    Why would they do this? JPP has played more effectively when he's been positioned at Right End.

When what you did isn't working you try something else. I'm glad to see them discussing it.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post

well I am sure they have good reasons. Either that or they just flipped a coin and said ok we are switching you guys.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

JPP can switch to the left side when we get Clowney

Here's a thought.
    Skins and their read option O seem to favor the Left (although this is only my impression...maybe someone could check it out). Rather have Tuck be run at and have JPP chase down and/or contain a comeback to right.
    Vick is Leftty...LE better to crush him. JPP obviously better here.
    ? Romo rolling right often to buy time, might be better to have JPP pester him.

So for East rivals it seems to me would we would be better off with this switch. I know, maybe a stretch, but...

+ Reply to Thread