+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuck and JPP flipping sides?

makes sense. JPP is stout vs the run and can hold up at the POA much better than Tuck can at this point. Moving Tuck to the other side will allow him to get upfield and pass rush more, something i think the coaches want to see more of. im guessing they believe jpp can play the run on the way to the qb, and tuck simply cant at this point for a full yr...so they wanna lessen his role a tad and let him rush the passer all out or defend the run all out, not both on the same play.

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Here's a thought.
    Skins and their read option O seem to favor the Left (although this is only my impression...maybe someone could check it out). Rather have Tuck be run at and have JPP chase down and/or contain a comeback to right.
    Vick is Leftty...LE better to crush him. JPP obviously better here.
    ? Romo rolling right often to buy time, might be better to have JPP pester him.

So for East rivals it seems to me would we would be better off with this switch. I know, maybe a stretch, but...
    Skins only ran to our LDE all the time because it was Osi in that position. Romo will roll whichever way the rusher isn't. Though you do have a point about Vick...

I think it's just much easier to find a Right DE in the draft (and FA) than a Left DE. Since JPP can do both, let's get him accustomed to playing the left side, and then when Tuck's all done (maybe soon), we can replace him.

To have a guy like Okafor opposite JPP would be awesome, he can run defend and pass rush..he could replace osi, as he had quite a few strip sacks at Texas

I like the move...tuck was ineffective on the left side but can still get respect for the occasional double team causing a huge weakness on the left

You want your most effective run defender, and most capable player vs double teams at the LDE position. This is largely due to the TE being lined up on this side most often and because most Rbs are more confortable with the ball in their right hands, which equates to running to the right(or at the LDE's side)

In years past that was Tuck. However, since his shoulder injury a couple years ago, he has been on the decline. It is possible his switching sides will allow him to utilize his good shoulder more, but I am just guessing there. I have a feeling this has been toyed with in practice a bit too. I will be anxious to see it in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Skins only ran to our LDE all the time because it was Osi in that position. Romo will roll whichever way the rusher isn't. Though you do have a point about Vick...
    Skins ran all over us, to the left to the right, up the middle- EVERYWHERE!

Generally speaking, the RT is less athletic and tends to be paid less than the LT.

Putting our best DE on the left side of our defense creates a favorable match-up for us.

The only problem is how will we fare on the right side if we actually do this? Tuck/Kiwi arent the answer.

btw: has Osi been signed by anyone yet? any talks of him staying?

Is this flip going to lift Tuck's spirits?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I don't think Clowney falls all the way to 32.
    like the way you THINK!!!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread