+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tuck and JPP flipping sides?

The switch is to create a mismatch for offenses. The LT is usually the best pass blocker on the team. The RT is usually the best run blocking tackle. The switch will place JPP, our best pass rusher, in front of the Run-Blocking Tackle while Tuck, our best run stopping DE, will be matched up against the LT. It may create a bit more pressure with our DT stunts and what have you....

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    If someone could link my post to Rotowire (on my phone, so I can't link the app's info). Anyway, says JPP is set to become full time LE, and Tuck to focus at RE without as much shifting as years past. Doesn't sound right.

EDIT:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...on-pierre-paul - RF
    If that makes them all happy then OK but its hard to believe it when we all have seen how Perry loves to mix things up.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Andrew Brandt is their guru and he's pretty knowledgeable. This is also being reported by Rotoworld
    Brandt is a business guy (ex-GM) ... not a guy qualified to comment on position changes.

That and the move makes no sense ... Tuck is struggling at the strong side ... he'd be horrible from the weak side (his pass rush isn't the strong side of his game). The only thing I could think of if they attempt this, is that Tuck's run defense was awful last year as well (in which case, why is he even on the team still?!).

JPP could play anywhere on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    JPP could play serviceably anywhere on the defense... about the only thing he couldn't do is cover pure speed receivers.

And honestly, with a little bit of practice, he could probably play a couple offense positons like TE and RB as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Brandt is a business guy (ex-GM) ... not a guy qualified to comment on position changes.

That and the move makes no sense ... Tuck is struggling at the strong side ... he'd be horrible from the weak side (his pass rush isn't the strong side of his game). The only thing I could think of if they attempt this, is that Tuck's run defense was awful last year as well (in which case, why is he even on the team still?!).

The question was about the site being reliable, which it is.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Kiwi will probably figure in as a pass rusher quite a bit. JPP coming from the left, and Kiwi from the right could be nice. Nascar will probably slide Tuck down to DT, and leave Jenkins in. Might actually work pretty well.

The big thing is Tuck needs to A) stay healthy, and B) stay enthused.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The question was about the site being reliable, which it is.

Ah yeah ... I wouldn't argue that.

I just don't see Tuck playing the weak side nor do I see him holding up for a "majority" of the defensive snaps given his physical history.

I do expect to see more Kiwi and/or whoever they draft (I think they're going DE in the first this year now).

I find it hard to believe that no one has hypothesized so far that Tuck is being moved to the right to let Ojomo get more playing time.

Sorry, I just had to bring up Ojomo's name. It's been a while since we've had an Ojomo the savior thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I find it hard to believe that no one has hypothesized so far that Tuck is being moved to the right to let Ojomo get more playing time.

Sorry, I just had to bring up Ojomo's name. It's been a while since we've had an Ojomo the savior thread.
    You think Ojomo is going to take snaps from JPP?!

in theroy it makes sense lets see how it plays out on the field
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

+ Reply to Thread