+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carter Mock 6.0

We wanted Pouncey in that Prince draft. I think we could get our future Center/Seubert type, Olineman in Jones. His versatility could make diehl expendable too =D

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    We wanted Pouncey in that Prince draft. I think we could get our future Center/Seubert type, Olineman in Jones. His versatility could make diehl expendable too =D
    If they (the Giants) rate Jones that highly than I agree (especially if they believe he can play all five spots on the oline). Big if though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Tackle is our most stable position, with resigned Beatty. We still have Diehl at RT, and Brewer looked excellent towards the end of the season vs Baltimore. They even used him at RG over Snee's spot. Plus Mosley and Mc Cants. We're good at Tackle, could use a good guard selection in the draft like a cooper or warmack.
    It's definitely a populated position but I wouldn't call it our most stable. In two seasons, Brewer has *dressed* for six games.

And I don't remember him looking particularly good at RT ... quite the opposite in fact.

But if the Giants are comfy with any of their OT prospects (Brewer, Mosely, McCants, Adc0ck, DD) then yeah I agree that OG is more of a need.

OG is also the easiest position to fill in an NFL offense (hence the lack of priority we've placed on it over the years).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    If they (the Giants) rate Jones that highly than I agree (especially if they believe he can play all five spots on the oline). Big if though.
    I think they drafted him strickly as an interior line-men..