+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 81
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,750

    Big Blue’s bracing for offer to WR Cruz

    PHOENIX — The Giants don’t think they’re out of the woods just yet when it comes to losing Victor Cruz.

    In fact, Big Blue co-owner Steve Tisch said yesterday the team is bracing itself for what he considers a “probable” offer from another club for the Pro Bowl restricted free agent wide receiver.


    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...mX7QDyFVHCt3NM

  2. #2
    Ny Post ... would have more credibility if it were being reported in Mad Magazine.

  3. #3
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ny Post ... would have more credibility if it were being reported in Mad Magazine.
    OUCH
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #4
    Starter blueribbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    long island
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ny Post ... would have more credibility if it were being reported in Mad Magazine.
    LOL


  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    57,969
    yes i do think he will get an offer and a team would gladly give up a first rounder on someone they already know can produce at the nfl level. back to back 1000 yards is nothing to sneeze at.


    Coughlin using his Tablet

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,750

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ny Post ... would have more credibility if it were being reported in Mad Magazine.
    Still, a step up from the NY Times!

  7. #7
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yes i do think he will get an offer and a team would gladly give up a first rounder on someone they already know can produce at the nfl level. back to back 1000 yards is nothing to sneeze at.
    So far, every team mentioned has faded into the background. Now that Codon is on board, I'd be surprised if Cruz doesn't sign a long term deal here.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #8
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yes i do think he will get an offer and a team would gladly give up a first rounder on someone they already know can produce at the nfl level. back to back 1000 yards is nothing to sneeze at.
    I think its very unlikely that he will get an offer. That's a very steep price and all the potential players with a need seem to be gone.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,750

    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    So far, every team mentioned has faded into the background. Now that Codon is on board, I'd be surprised if Cruz doesn't sign a long term deal here.

    Best case scenario!

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    57,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think its very unlikely that he will get an offer. That's a very steep price and all the potential players with a need seem to be gone.
    i dont think its the draft pick but yeah the dollar amount is steep i agree. i guess we will see. i know i wouldnt mind losing a mid or late first rounder on a guy i know. suppose that first rounder doesnt adjust to the nfl level its a gamble.


    Coughlin using his Tablet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts