+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Blue’s bracing for offer to WR Cruz

It feels like the Giants are almost inviting an offer. Why talk about it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    It feels like the Giants are almost inviting an offer. Why talk about it at all?
    It's a reality they have to deal with.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    I thought the same thing. It almost seemed like they were fishing for a 1st round pick.. Reality or not, I still dont think you need to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    I thought the same thing. It almost seemed like they were fishing for a 1st round pick.. Reality or not, I still dont think you need to talk about.
    You're talking about a "risk" that no team has taken since 2003.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's a reality they have to deal with.
    Why is Tisch talking about it? I know he's an owner but he's not the GM and he's not the President of the club. He's not going to help at all but could fumble his words and hurt some. I'd rather hear from Mara, Reese or no one on matters like this.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Why is Tisch talking about it? I know he's an owner but he's not the GM and he's not the President of the club. He's not going to help at all but could fumble his words and hurt some. I'd rather hear from Mara, Reese or no one on matters like this.
    Either it's a carefully orchestrated part of their strategy or Jerry Reese has now invoked the cone of silence until he and Condon come to agreement on a long term deal. It really is unusual for Tisch to say anything about contracts though. AND he and Cruz went to dinner. Interesting tid-bit.

Either it's a carefully orchestrated part of their strategy or Jerry Reese has now invoked the cone of silence until he and Condon come to agreement on a long term deal. It really is unusual for Tisch to say anything about contracts though. AND he and Cruz went to dinner. Interesting tid-bit.
    Hey if it is carefully orchestrated then I accept it. I just know that in general the more people yapping their flap (or is it flapping their yapr? lol) the greater chance there is for something wrong to slip out. I guess I am used to watching the Green team across the parking lot bungle one communication after another.
    No one remembers who came in second.

So far, every team mentioned has faded into the background. Now that Codon is on board, I'd be surprised if Cruz doesn't sign a long term deal here.
    Let's hope so

You're talking about a "risk" that no team has taken since 2003.
    I agree, but Cruz is probably the most dynamic player that has been in this situation in the last 10+ years. Laveranues Coles was the last player and Cruz has by far more potential then Coles had when he was taken.

All I know is that if I was a team with the 25 or later draft pick and needed a WR, it would be an absolute no brainer. Draft picks are all gambles, Cruz is proven and versatile.

I am not saying its going to happen, I'm just saying its a possibility and that it seemed like Tisch was fishing for a 1st round pick..

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    I agree, but Cruz is probably the most dynamic player that has been in this situation in the last 10+ years. Laveranues Coles was the last player and Cruz has by far more potential then Coles had when he was taken.

All I know is that if I was a team with the 25 or later draft pick and needed a WR, it would be an absolute no brainer. Draft picks are all gambles, Cruz is proven and versatile.

I am not saying its going to happen, I'm just saying its a possibility and that it seemed like Tisch was fishing for a 1st round pick..
    The best thing to happen this week is Cruz having Condon for is agent.

+ Reply to Thread