+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Blue’s bracing for offer to WR Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You're talking about a "risk" that no team has taken since 2003.
    That's not exactly a huge amount of time though, so let's not act like a tendered player hasn't been taken in the past 100 years.

It will or won't happen .... the Giants benefit from any scenario here short of Cruz being hit by lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    That's not exactly a huge amount of time though, so let's not act like a tendered player hasn't been taken in the past 100 years.

It will or won't happen .... the Giants benefit from any scenario here short of Cruz being hit by lightning.
    At my age, 10 years is a long time

I think they are all working to get the same result.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    At my age, 10 years is a long time

I think they are all working to get the same result.
    10 years is actually to long a sampling time. The league has changed tremendously since then. The cap is hyper-tight on a lot of teams right now.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    10 years is actually to long a sampling time. The league has changed tremendously since then. The cap is hyper-tight on a lot of teams right now.
    I agree with that. This is a whole new ballgame and the dynamic is changing rapidly. Look at how salaries are collapsing and the large number of one year contracts. It is always true the past doesn't guarantee the future but in the NFL and right now that is especially true.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I would not be surprised if they don't lock Victor up soon. Condon knows is way around the NFL and should be able to determine if there are going to be any offer sheets coming his way . It's to his benefit to have one or two but even without any, he can get Cruz a decent long term deal just based on what Mara and Tisch have said publicly.

I have to think Reese almost exploded about Tisch saying Cruz would get more than Welker UNLESS their current offer is already more than Welker signed for.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-19-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I agree with that. This is a whole new ballgame and the dynamic is changing rapidly. Look at how salaries are collapsing and the large number of one year contracts. It is always true the past doesn't guarantee the future but in the NFL and right now that is especially true.
    It sure seems to be heading that way this year.

# 80

Cruz also needs to factor in he plays for a proven SBMVP that can deliver.....

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    He plays with one, not for one.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    I'd say Eli, Nicks, and Cruz deliver for each other and the team.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-18-2013 at 04:48 PM.

# 80

Yall know what I meant....

+ Reply to Thread