+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Big Blue’s bracing for offer to WR Cruz

And this is all to be expected. I know fans want the Giants to just sign him, but thats not going to happen. They have him for another year, to watch his production and make sure he stays healthy before signing him. The only way hes getting signed before this season, is if another team makes an offer and we have to match.

Hey I dont like it anymore than anyone else, but its a business. Its just the way it is. You ride it out and make sure Cruz stays healthy, then resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by AntB View Post
    He can't take a hit at all and he knows' it. That's why he's always wimping out when he thinks he might be hit. I guaranty he get's the big money and he starts spending lot's of time on the sidelines. We replaced Smith and Eli will make the next guy after Cruz if necessary. like others have said though; probably no ones going to gamble giving this guy big money plus losing a fist. We can always hope though. remember, Randle still has huge potential and Nicks is really the man.
    Ridiculous. I love it when message board geeks call professional football players "wimps".

Quote Originally Posted by AntB View Post
    He can't take a hit at all and he knows' it. That's why he's always wimping out when he thinks he might be hit. I guaranty he get's the big money and he starts spending lot's of time on the sidelines. We replaced Smith and Eli will make the next guy after Cruz if necessary. like others have said though; probably no ones going to gamble giving this guy big money plus losing a fist. We can always hope though. remember, Randle still has huge potential and Nicks is really the man.
    This is just so wrong. How many games did Cruz miss last season? Can you help me understand "always wimping (sp) out"? How does he lead the team in receptions two years straight if that's the case.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

And now the Rams are out of the hunt according to the NY Post.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Ridiculous. I love it when message board geeks call professional football players "wimps".
    Ha! This is an excellent point.
    Sitting in the comfy confines of their bedroom, posting on a MB calling guys who play NFL football "wimps".
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Before you guys jump all over the guy he does make a good point ... Cruz definitely caught a case of the yips last season at certain points (and in his defense he did take some massive shots over the middle).

I wouldn't say that defines him but lets not pretend we didn't all see the alligator arms now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Before you guys jump all over the guy he does make a good point ... Cruz definitely caught a case of the yips last season at certain points (and in his defense he did take some massive shots over the middle).

I wouldn't say that defines him but lets not pretend we didn't all see the alligator arms now and again.
    A small glitch in what is otherwise a lot of game.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I think it's more a case of concentration. He makes his living by making the frist defender miss. He sometimes takes that peek before he has the ball. Many see that as his being scared, which I don't buy. He has taken some serious hits, gets up and continues to play. What else do we want him to do, besides catch everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    A small glitch in what is otherwise a lot of game.
    I would wholeheartedly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think it's more a case of concentration. He makes his living by making the frist defender miss. He sometimes takes that peek before he has the ball. Many see that as his being scared, which I don't buy. He has taken some serious hits, gets up and continues to play. What else do we want him to do, besides catch everything?
    We're talking about two different things. He does have a habit of looking up field before securing the ball, causing a lot of easy drops yes. But last year he also caught a case of the yips, looking at the oncoming tackler before securing the ball. That's just worrying about being hit. I don't fault the guy, but I wanted to point out that the poster wasn't totally off base. While I wouldn't go so far as to call Cruz a "wimp" you could definitely tell it was weighing on his mind after the first big hit he took across the middle last year.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. You can return to bashing the Devil now

I would wholeheartedly agree.

We're talking about two different things. He does have a habit of looking up field before securing the ball, causing a lot of easy drops yes. But last year he also caught a case of the yips, looking at the oncoming tackler before securing the ball. That's just worrying about being hit. I don't fault the guy, but I wanted to point out that the poster wasn't totally off base. While I wouldn't go so far as to call Cruz a "wimp" you could definitely tell it was weighing on his mind after the first big hit he took across the middle last year.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. You can return to bashing the Devil now
    Well stated! Wimp no, gun shy yes. Cruz has a lot of talent and brings big play potential . However he dropped an awful lot of catchable balls and at times looked more worried about being hit than catching the ball. There is no denying it unless your heads in the sand. he needs to man up a bit. Everyone doesn't have to be equally in love with Cruz on this board.

+ Reply to Thread