+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i dont think its the draft pick but yeah the dollar amount is steep i agree. i guess we will see. i know i wouldnt mind losing a mid or late first rounder on a guy i know. suppose that first rounder doesnt adjust to the nfl level its a gamble.
    Its both, but its mostly the pick. If he was unrestricted, he'd be on a team by now. He's an outstanding player. A first round pick is a huge price when you have to pay the kid as well.
    I am actually more convinced that he will sign a deal with us once its clear that the restricted nature of his standing in the FA market is keeping him from getting an offer.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its both, but its mostly the pick. If he was unrestricted, he'd be on a team by now. He's an outstanding player. A first round pick is a huge price when you have to pay the kid as well.
    I am actually more convinced that he will sign a deal with us once its clear that the restricted nature of his standing in the FA market is keeping him from getting an offer.
    This ^^^^

I'm not sure what team they think an offer will be coming from. It seems like all the potential suitors are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I'm not sure what team they think an offer will be coming from. It seems like all the potential suitors are gone.
    Anything is possible, but it really does seem like this is very remote
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I've asked this in another thread, why would you pay him more than Welker?

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    He's younger (5 years) and he's more of a home run threat than Welker is.

You can run Cruz on the outside ... you can't really do that with Welker (he doesn't have the speed to be an outside threat).

He also doesn't have an ACL injury on his resume.

And don't forget, Welker turned down an $8M/year offer by the Titans. He's playing with the Broncos for less money.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Becasue he's better than Welker and certainly has more potential than Welker.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think that as long as Cruz and Condon don't ask for 9 or 10 million a year, I think he will be back in a Giants uni in 2013. Not many teams want to part with a 1st rd pick and sign a huge contract. But there are teams out there that are in good shape in regards to cap space. And one thing to consider with a 1st rd pick---there is no guarantee that pick would turn out to be a boom.

Any team that would consider making an offer for Cruz has to think, is there a WR worthy of drafting in the 1st rd in this years draft that just stands out and is going to be the next Fitzgerald, Megatron, Andre Johnson, Green, etc.?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

There is a reason no team has given up a RFA first round tender since 2003

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Becasue he's better than Welker and certainly has more potential than Welker.
    I don't know about that? Welker has more catches over the past 6 or 7 years than anyone in the league.

I love Cruz but if we could get a 1st rounder and a third let him go. He got his bell rung a couple times last year bad. I don't know how durable he's going to wind up being in the long haul.