+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81
  1. #21
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,605
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman1 View Post
    I don't know about that? Welker has more catches over the past 6 or 7 years than anyone in the league.

    I love Cruz but if we could get a 1st rounder and a third let him go. He got his bell rung a couple times last year bad. I don't know how durable he's going to wind up being in the long haul.
    OK, fact check. We can't get a 1st and 3rd round pick for Cruz. That changed with the last CBA. We only get a 1st round pick.

    Having more catches is great, but Cruz is more versatile as he can, and does, operate on the outside as well as in the slot. The fact that "he got his bell rung" and never missed a game is in his favor.

    Potential is what Cruz has far above whatever Welker has left. Welker turned down more $ to go to Denver. That indicates he's at the end of his career and he knows it. He wants to get to the Super Bowl
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-18-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,124
    I agree Cruz has more in the tank but he was laying on the field convulsing last year more than once. I have come to the assumption after watching Eli for years is that Eli is what makes the receivers good. Not the receivers. Every time we let someone good go they wind up sucking. i.e. Smith and Manningham.

    We have a QB that can put the ball anywhere. That's why our receivers are so good. I'm not so sure Cruz would be a star if he left. He might want to think about that.

  3. #23
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,605
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman1 View Post
    I agree Cruz has more in the tank but he was laying on the field convulsing last year more than once. I have come to the assumption after watching Eli for years is that Eli is what makes the receivers good. Not the receivers. Every time we let someone good go they wind up sucking. i.e. Smith and Manningham.

    We have a QB that can put the ball anywhere. That's why our receivers are so good. I'm not so sure Cruz would be a star if he left. He might want to think about that.
    Convulsing?

    Cruz is a talented reeciver as is Nicks.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman1 View Post
    I agree Cruz has more in the tank but he was laying on the field convulsing last year more than once. I have come to the assumption after watching Eli for years is that Eli is what makes the receivers good. Not the receivers. Every time we let someone good go they wind up sucking. i.e. Smith and Manningham.

    We have a QB that can put the ball anywhere. That's why our receivers are so good. I'm not so sure Cruz would be a star if he left. He might want to think about that.
    Manningham was having a very good year until his injury!
    Giants fan since '58

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Becasue he's better than Welker and certainly has more potential than Welker.
    I don't know about that...The first part anyway.

    IMO, Welker is still the best slot guy in the NFL, and probably will continue to be for the next 1-2 years.

    Cruz is younger and has more potential, give me Cruz anyday. As far as him being 'better' than Welker right now, I disagree.

  6. #26
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Manningham was having a very good year until his injury!
    He just too a 50% paycut too, so he wouldn't get cut.

  7. #27
    I love Cruz, but I fear he's one more huge hit away from losing all confidence over the middle. I just think that last hit stayed with him. If we got a first rounder I''d say goodbye, sad as that is.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

  8. #28
    Veteran JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,906
    At this point I'm resigned to whatever happens, happens. I'd rather keep him, but at least we'll get a 1st rounder out of it if he's gone (and they'd better make that 1st rounder count -- no Sintims).

  9. #29
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,605
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
    I love Cruz, but I fear he's one more huge hit away from losing all confidence over the middle. I just think that last hit stayed with him. If we got a first rounder I''d say goodbye, sad as that is.
    It's not likely he'll get an offer sheet. All of the facts we know seem to indicate a desire by him to stay here and a desire by the team to have him here. No guarantees, but if anyone can make it work, it's Reese and Condon
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  10. #30
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,585
    When it's all said and done, I don't expect anyone making an offer before the draft, and Cruz will eventually sign a contract in the $7-$8m range.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts