+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    He is a 1 read qb that gets carried by a dominant run game that opens up throwing lanes when everyone on the d bits on the play action. He has a good arm and is fast but IMO it is all a smokescreen. If he had to run a pro style offense he would be exposed and the skins would win 5 games. Andrew luck is the real deal and at least Wilson runs a more traditional offense with a few read options sprinkled in. Almost every snap rg is in the pistol running a college offense. He is a FAKE.
    Wilson is an absolute monster of a QB. You can't go wrong with either him or Luck. And Wilson is an incredibly intelligent runner. He had a rough first few games in the NFL, but then he took off and showed what he can do. IMO, Wilson will be remembered as the best QB of his draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Wilson is an absolute monster of a QB. You can't go wrong with either him or Luck. And Wilson is an incredibly intelligent runner. He had a rough first few games in the NFL, but then he took off and showed what he can do. IMO, Wilson will be remembered as the best QB of his draft class.
    I have to agree with him being great value. Don't know how he will pan out compared to Luck, but he definitely had the most relative value considering he went in the 3rd round (i.e. every team had at least 2 shots to pick him up).

What makes me crap my pants is that we couldn't beat Tavaris Jackson and now we have to face this guy next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    It's to be determined if you ask me...ask again in 4-5 years. It most definitely comes down between the 3 QB's, but it could just end up being between Luck and Wilson..to be concluded lol

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    RG however is not going to be the same QB he was last season for a long long time, if ever and you can bank on that. That was a horrific injury he suffered. He can say all the positive things he wants but he knows deep down he will be scared and hesitant he will have a career ending event if he hurts it again, therefore he will be tentative. after the college injury ACL and the tweaking it during the few games prior to the playoff. Then getting hurt further in the the playoff game, right their was enough to bench him for the season playoff game or not. But no, stupid skins coaches had to push the envelope and now they may have ruined their future by playing him to long.. He will be know as RG -3 next season. Meaning he will be taking a beating losing yards,behind the line of scrimmage when he takes a knee or falls down to avoid being hit
    What are you talking about? He's playing a position less reliant on athletic ability than almokst any other in football. FYI Frank Gore has had at least 2 ACL surgeries. How's he look to you? and that is at RB.

Bench Player
    I dont think he's going to be as good as he was not only because of the injury but because I think defenses will have him figured out. I heard some Giants staff was visiting a few colleges to get some pointers on how to defend the option. I think as a rookie, he caught a lot of teams off guard but now that we know what he's capable off, i'm sure defenses will adjust to contain him.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    What are you talking about? He's playing a position less reliant on athletic ability than almokst any other in football. FYI Frank Gore has had at least 2 ACL surgeries. How's he look to you? and that is at RB.
    not the way he plays the game. He runs it almost as much as a RB. Mark it down, if he comes back and doesn't change his style he will have a very short career.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Also did you guys read tht he lost so much Cartilage from the first two Surgeries they had to take some from his good knee. They saying he isn't far from bone on bone. He will be a cripple by 30
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I have to agree with him being great value. Don't know how he will pan out compared to Luck, but he definitely had the most relative value considering he went in the 3rd round (i.e. every team had at least 2 shots to pick him up).

What makes me crap my pants is that we couldn't beat Tavaris Jackson and now we have to face this guy next year...
    we were beating tavaris jackson... charlie whitehurst came in and beat us lol