+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second try at a Big Blue Mock

Second try at a Big Blue Mock

Here is an attempt after our recent signings:

1) DJ Fluker - RT Alabama - I feel like this one is close to etched in stone to be honest. Fluker is a day 1 starter and a Phil Loadholt clone. Will beast in the run game and is better than most think in the passing game. I feel he is a RT and not a guard, but if he fails as a tackle, we can push him inside.

2) Sio Moore - OLB Uconn - I love more as a potential strong side LB for the Giants. He can rush the passer and cover fairly well. He is another I feel can be an instant starter.

3) Sam Montgomery - DE LSU - I see a decent slide for Montgomery come draft day, but he was a first round talent at the beginning of the year. BPA here for us.

4) Terry Hawthorne - CB - Illinois - Good size and speed combo here. Hawthorne is an underrated CB in a very good CB class but should be available here. He can play specials for a year and be ready to be plugged in in 2014.

5) Josh Boyd - DT - Mississippi St. - Another DT for our rotation with the potential to start down the line. Boyd is a stout run stuffer with some pass rush moves. Offers good value here.

6) Johnathan Stewart - ILB Texas A&M - Very good size and a good athlete to boot. Would be a nice special teams player with the ability to play MLB down the road.

7). Lamar Mady - G - Youngstown State - This is a guy I hear the Giants love. Sent our O-line coach to his pro day where he looked very good. 35 BP reps and good numbers in the drills as well. Needs some time to develop though.

Priority FA's

Ryan Griffin - TE UConn
    Jeff Tuel - QB - Washington State
    T.J. Moe - WR Missouri
    George Winn - RB Cincinnati
    Cody Davis - S Texas Tech
    Marcus Cromartie - CB Wisconsin
    Mike Catapano - DE Princeton
    Nathan Williams - LB Ohio State

Veteran
    Do you think if we draft Fluker he will start over Diehl and Brewer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Planet Fluker >>> Diehl & Brewer
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Joel Bitonio, OL Nevada - (3)CJ Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Khairi Fortt, LB California
    (6)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Yes, without a doubt. Diehl has been brought back as insurance. I cannot see him starting without a few injuries. I see Fluker and Brewer battling for the LG spot.

Poor Sam ... that's a helluva slide he took!

That and since he's more of a 3-4 OLB, you have us drafting (in essence) three LBers. And an OT who is being moved to OG before he's even drafted.

Not the kind of moves I see the Giants making (although the personnel are all good choices).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

That and since he's more of a 3-4 OLB, you have us drafting (in essence) three LBers. And an OT who is being moved to OG before he's even drafted.

Not the kind of moves I see the Giants making (although the personnel are all good choices).
    not a fan of this.. reminds me of Sintim
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Joel Bitonio, OL Nevada - (3)CJ Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Khairi Fortt, LB California
    (6)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

Disagree on him being a 3-4 OLB. He is absolutely and end in a 4-3 scheme. And like I said Fluker is a tackle in my book, and a darn good one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    not a fan of this.. reminds me of Sintim
    Not Sintim at all. Sintim was a 3-4 OLB a lot of the time in college. Montgomery has not played 3-4 OLB at all at LSU. Was strictly a 4-3 end and a three down player at that.

no way on sam montgomery after this,,we don't need this on our team.

http://network.yardbarker.com/colleg...elves/12531337

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Disagree on him being a 3-4 OLB. He is absolutely and end in a 4-3 scheme. And like I said Fluker is a tackle in my book, and a darn good one at that.
    Sorry you're right ... I was thinking of Damontre Moore (been talking / watching him a lot lately).

Montgomery (and most LSU dline) doesn't really give me a lot of excitement. Although I don't think Montgomery falls that far, I'm not sure I'd want him anyways (the poster above making a good point, although I think that may have just been a coaching stunt).

I was never that high on him since he wasn't an elite edge rusher but played the RDE spot.

I think that's the only real problem I have with your mock ... otherwise the other picks are solid.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 03-19-2013 at 08:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread