+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second try at a Big Blue Mock

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Sorry you're right ... I was thinking of Damontre Moore (been talking / watching him a lot lately).

Montgomery (and most LSU dline) doesn't really give me a lot of excitement. Although I don't think Montgomery falls that far, I'm not sure I'd want him anyways (the poster above making a good point, although I think that may have just been a coaching stunt).

I was never that high on him since he wasn't an elite edge rusher but played the RDE spot.

I think that's the only real problem I have with your mock ... otherwise the other picks are solid.
    Cool, but that's why I have him in the 3rd round. I feel the story will cause his stock to drop. But the guy was a late first early second round talent so grabbing him in the 3rd would be good value. I can see him as a solid DE vs. the run and chipping in with 6-8 sacks per year as a starter, which is fine.

Get him some pro coaching and I guarantee that he will not be taking plays off. You don't play Coastal Carolina in the NFL and it was said he only did this vs. teams that were not up to LSU's level. I am not condoning what he did at all but vs. the Alabama's and Florida's, he gave his all.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Cool, but that's why I have him in the 3rd round. I feel the story will cause his stock to drop. But the guy was a late first early second round talent so grabbing him in the 3rd would be good value. I can see him as a solid DE vs. the run and chipping in with 6-8 sacks per year as a starter, which is fine.

Get him some pro coaching and I guarantee that he will not be taking plays off. You don't play Coastal Carolina in the NFL and it was said he only did this vs. teams that were not up to LSU's level. I am not condoning what he did at all but vs. the Alabama's and Florida's, he gave his all.
    Yeah that pretty much tells me that I don't want him. We've seen other players of that ilk and rarely does it go well for long (Haynesworth comes to mind there).

Just not a fan of Montgomery at any pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Yeah that pretty much tells me that I don't want him. We've seen other players of that ilk and rarely does it go well for long (Haynesworth comes to mind there).

Just not a fan of Montgomery at any pick.
    Understood, I think if we could get him in the 3rd, the player value would be too high to pass up.

Banned
    I hate Fluker but if you replace Fluker and Montgomery I'd say it's a decent draft.

All-Pro
    Random question. Where's Jonathan Goff? People were up in arms when he got axed during final cuts.. Looks like another good call on the giants part
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Oh that's right our starting MLB tore his ACL and we didnt think he'd come back from it. He signed with Washington and they moved him to ILB and he promptly torn that same ACL and missed his second season in a row..... Prob out of football unless he tries to comeback a third time like TT is doing
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

It's kind of sad... Sam Montgomery is rated in the neighborhood of Joe Kruger and Corey Lemonier now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

+ Reply to Thread