+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    kids an athletic freak still at 236lbs he is in no way a MLB in the NFL. Hes a OLB.
    You don't think he can gain 5 lbs which would put him in the same range as pretty much every other MLB in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    just give us a LB that can play, for the love of god!!
    FINALLY, somebody gets it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Greene is not a physical player at all when it comes to taking on blockers.

A physical hitter yes. But those are very different things.

Brown is very physical with blockers and stacking and shedding

Teo/minter are similar to Brown in that regard.

Ogletree and Greene are not in the same category.
    I agree, i'm just saying Greene isn't nearly as bad as u try to make em out to be with shedding blocks... U act like he simply can't do it.. Lets not forget he was just made a LB 2yrs ago, and has some things to learn, but if u think a guy that plays the game like he does, can not shed blocks, ur sorely mistaken.. If anything, its just a part of his game that hasen't fully rounded out yet.. Hes a missle out there, with speed, solid measurables, athletic ability, agressive, instinctive, hard hitting, monster! Trust me, he's gonna be fine at shedding blocks, albeit, there will be times he dont do well at it, as Lineman of NFL calbier are gonna do there job right sometimes, as well...

Greene reminds me alot of Lance Briggs.. I've seen that comparison over the months a few times as well.. L

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ok let's first understand that we're talking about degrees here. At this level, neither Brown nor Greene is particularly *bad* at an aspect of their game. If they were, they wouldn't be as highly valued as they are.

Here is a video on Greene against Syracuse (Oct 2012). I like this tape because it shows both the best (Int, 2 FF, sack) and worse (missed tackles) against comparable competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2n2iXjoUms

0:47 - Leaves his feet to make a lunging tackle (and to avoid a block) and totally whiffs.
    3:03 - Totally taken out of the play on a goal line stand.
    3:15 - Taken out of the play across the ball carrier (from one side to another).
    3:53 - Misses an arm tackle after being engaged.

Now none of these means he's bad and that's not what you should be thinking I'm pointing out here. Just that he has technique issues with blockers. Any time he gets engaged, his technique becomes sloppy. That's certainly a coachable issue and he is an extreme play maker (great strip move, and total ball awareness at all times).

Conversely, Brown doesn't have these issues, but he also doesn't have the flashy upside. He's not a ball hawk (past making the tackle) and he's not the kind of guy who is going to throw up 2 FF, 1 Int and 1 sack a game. In some eyes. that makes Greene the no-brainer.

However what Brown will give you (prospected) is the ability to cover all of the LBer spots and excel at each, with emphasis on his sure tackling. If my goal as the Giant personnel guys is to find a guy who makes our run defense better, without giving up coverage ability in our Tampa 2 look, Brown is the guy that seems to fit that best. Better than Ogletree (shedding block issues), Teo (not great in coverage or when isolated), Greene (see Ogletree but smaller) or Minter (worse coverage skills than Teo).

That's why I champion Brown over Greene (even though I think Greene would make a better WILL backer then what we have currently).

That make sense?

P.S. - There isn't a single play where he successfully sheds a block in that game. Just an FYI.
    Ya, my whole point is as u said, its not like either of these guys are particularrly bad at anything, but of course, theres things that each excel at more then other stuff.. Now, with that said, Greene can flat out be a stud against the run, has the speed and athletic ablity, and instincts to be a flat out playmaker against the pass, and hits hard.. Now all in all together, i think that Greenes plus's equal out a bit more then Brown's plus's...

And just because u think Brown is a no brainer to play multiple LB positons, dosen't mean Jerry Reese thinks so.. I personally see him more of a WLB, and i certainly don't think hes a SLB in a 4/3.. I think u can play both greene and brown at MLB if u want, and maybe Brown is better there then Greene, but the bottom line is, i think both project best at WLB.. I think thats where they'll both do most of there playing.. All in all, i think Greene does more to help a team win games then Brown..

National Football Post's Russ Lande writes that Kansas State LB Arthur Brown is a "favorite" among coaches and scouts.
    "No doubt shorter than ideal at 6’0, his ability to read and react to the play so quickly, elite speed and explosive closing burst to give him sideline range has teams confident he will be a three down linebacker in the NFL," Lande writes. "Not only an outstanding player on the field, but regarded as a team leader with all the intangibles, Brown is a favorite amongst scouts and coaches. Although Brown may not make it into the first round of the Draft, we hear it is 50/50, he is viewed by many teams as the most complete inside linebacker in the Draft who has no character issues."
    Source: National Football Post

If the Giants don't take Arthur Brown with the 1st, it's very safe to say that the Bears could have a serious interest in him as the heir apparent to Brian Urlacher. I'd rather have Bjoern Werner if he drops to us but who knows what exactly will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    If the Giants don't take Arthur Brown with the 1st, it's very safe to say that the Bears could have a serious interest in him as the heir apparent to Brian Urlacher. I'd rather have Bjoern Werner if he drops to us but who knows what exactly will happen.
    Walterfootball's latest mock has Brown at #20 to the Bears..

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yeah I was kind of thinking this as well.

And the Ravens have a serious need at ILB with Lewis and Ellsby gone.

I'll take Brown at 19 over that knucklehead Ogletree any day...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'll take Brown at 19 over that knucklehead Ogletree any day...
    lol..we know Toad, you have made that abundantly clear!!