+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Hasselbeck Is Being Released

Matt Hasselbeck Is Being Released

I think he'd make a great back up to Eli if he'd be willing to take vet min. And be back up, lol.

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
    BREAKING: The #Titans have informed veteran QB Matt Hasselbeck he’s being released, according to sources.
    Retweeted by Mike Garafolo

To old.. Unless they want to bring him in to compete with painter for the spot... I mean we know that neither Carr, painter or Matt would so us any good if Eli goes down anyway, so at this point it's just a guy to hold a clipboard.. We all know the season is over if Eli gets hurt.. They eventually need to draft his replacement and soon to allow Eli to groom and run off on him some before he retires
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    Can he play linebacker?

Wonder how much is his vet min... The Giants might be better off with Perriloux or an undrafted QB.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Wonder how much is his vet min... The Giants might be better off with Perriloux or an undrafted QB.
    Why are people so fascinated with Perrilloux? He sucked. Badly. I mean, his decision making was so suspect the coaches put a helmet cam on him so they could analyze why he was making the decisions he was.

Vet min for him would be a shade under $1m, the same as Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    To old.. Unless they want to bring him in to compete with painter for the spot... I mean we know that neither Carr, painter or Matt would so us any good if Eli goes down anyway, so at this point it's just a guy to hold a clipboard.. We all know the season is over if Eli gets hurt.. They eventually need to draft his replacement and soon to allow Eli to groom and run off on him some before he retires
    I think Matt is a guy that might actually be able to win a few games if Eli ever got hurt. Sure, it isn't a long term solution for the back up spot, but I'd feel better with him than Carr, Perriloux, or a late round rookie.

No late-round rookies, please. We saw that with Woodson and Bomar and it wasn't pleasant.

I think Hasselbeck would be perfect. His experience would be invaluable.

Is he ready to take a back seat, though?
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 03-18-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I think he'd make a great back up to Eli if he'd be willing to take vet min.
    Totally agree. Matt is a good guy to have around and provides a lot of knowledge. He was really easy going with Jake Locker and supported him taking over the starter duties. He'd be a perfect backup for the Giants. They should make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    No late-round rookies, please. We saw that with Woodson and Bomar and it wasn't pleasant.

I think Hasselbeck would be perfect. His experience would be invaluable.

Is he ready to take a back seat, though?
    That's the question. Like I said, if he'd be willing to be a back up and take vet min, then it would be a great fit.

I'm not saying that if Eli were to go down for an extended period that Hasselbeck would be able to take us to the SB, but he might actually be able to win a couple games and/or at least be competitive out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Why are people so fascinated with Perrilloux? He sucked. Badly. I mean, his decision making was so suspect the coaches put a helmet cam on him so they could analyze why he was making the decisions he was.

Vet min for him would be a shade under $1m, the same as Carr.
    I agree with you Perrilloux sucks now and still has a lot to learn if he ever will. Hasselback might not accept vet min or the backup QB position either if he believes he can still start for a QB-needy team.

+ Reply to Thread