View Poll Results: Do you like khaseem greene ?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes he will be a solid player

14 77.78%
  • yes he is a future pro bowler

2 11.11%
  • no he wont succeed in the NFL

1 5.56%
  • no,he will be an average play

1 5.56%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: khaseem greene

khaseem greene

he ran a 4.61 40 yd dash improving his combine time of 4.71 and he was excellent in drills

Would like him as a 2nd rounder.. if hes there in the 3rd (which he probably wont be) we have to take him

Just an FYI ... Pro Day 40 times are almost always faster (hand timed vs. electronically calculated).

I think he will be a good player.

As for if he fits on the giants, I think the question is what do they want to do with J Will. If they think J Will can play strong side, of he is only a sub package guy, then Greene fits as the weakside guy.

If they think J Will is the starting weakside guy, then I don't know where they can play Greene.

I really like Greene's game but I do not see us really taking him if it is true that he really can only play the weakside... He is going to be a good player IMO but I think that we will stick with JWill at the weakside for the next few years. Now if we can grab a strongside and a MLB for the future in the draft I would be absolutely pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I think he will be a good player.

As for if he fits on the giants, I think the question is what do they want to do with J Will. If they think J Will can play strong side, of he is only a sub package guy, then Greene fits as the weakside guy.

If they think J Will is the starting weakside guy, then I don't know where they can play Greene.
    That's what kills me about Greene. There is no doubt in my mind that he improves our WILL position and I think whatever team ends up grabbing him, this kid will make his mark in the NFL.

The problem is if we go with Greene, we still have problems at MLB and SAM (assuming Rivers can't stay healthy). I don't think JWill can play the SAM (and has health issues as well at the WILL spot) and even if he can, we STILL have issues at MLB unless you're planning on Nickel being our base look (which would not improve our run defense). Connor feels more like depth and HE has health issues (wtf).

Greene could very well be the case of being BPA when we pick in the second but not being the best fit (i.e. he doesn't improve our team in the greatest possible way).

Either way we have two fresh guys really, in Connor, Herzlich that can play MLB. And Rivers was a MLB @ USC. I feel they should play Rivers or Herzlich at MLB, draft Greene and Paysinger to back him, while JWill starts on the other side. Though hardly likely, imagine we draft both Ogletree and Greene, 1st and 2nd.
    Last edited by BlessedinBlue22; 03-21-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Either way we have two fresh guys really, in Connor, Herzlich that can play MLB.
    Both are fresh, but I dont think they're our answer. We need to go LB in the 1st or 2nd this year. I will pissed if we do not.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Both are fresh, but I dont think they're our answer. We need to go LB in the 1st or 2nd this year. I will pissed if we do not.
    yup.. LB has to be addressed early.. Ogletree, Brown, Greene or Minter

Herzlich's time is about to run out IMO. Great story, but he looks bad out on the field. Chase is much better then him and that's not saying much. Maybe he can go into coaching.

+ Reply to Thread