+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draftnk question: Jayron Hosely

Draftnk question: Jayron Hosely

For those of you advocating for us to draft a CB, a question. Two draft sites had Hosely rated as the fifth best and tenth best CB coming out last year. If Hosely came out this year how many CB's can you name who you think are clearly better than Hosely.

Veteran
    I think Milliner, Rhodes, Trufant, and Banks are all better, I don't know about the other guys since I haven't watched film on them.

That is an interesting question honestly. Hosley is smaller than all of the first round CB's this year but he has something that most of them do not possess. He is a straight out ball hawk. He blitzed pretty well off the edge for us and I was pretty surprised to see his effort that he made in the run game. I think he can be a very nice player for us. Hosley can also return but we didnt see that last year that I remember in the regular season at least I think Hosley would probably be 2 or 3 this year at CB honestly. Depends on production his last year but I think that is a very reasonable assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    For those of you advocating for us to draft a CB, a question. Two draft sites had Hosely rated as the fifth best and tenth best CB coming out last year. If Hosely came out this year how many CB's can you name who you think are clearly better than Hosely.
    Milliner, Rhodes, Trufant, Poyer, Banks, Amerson, Taylor, Slay, Ryan and Wilson all prospect as good or better than Hosely. It's a deep CB draft.

Hosely's stock fell a bit last year due to his pot bust but there was also issues with his physicality at the point of reception. I think he did fine in that regard with the Giants.

I'd look for a CB pick in the first three rounds as a potential replacement for CWeb and/or depth for when CWeb leaves with Prince and Hosely being the future starters.

Prince, Rhodes with Hosley at nickel would be the best secondary we've ever had imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Milliner, Rhodes, Trufant, Poyer, Banks, Amerson, Taylor, Slay, Ryan and Wilson all prospect as good or better than Hosely. It's a deep CB draft.

Hosely's stock fell a bit last year due to his pot bust but there was also issues with his physicality at the point of reception. I think he did fine in that regard with the Giants.

I'd look for a CB pick in the first three rounds as a potential replacement for CWeb and/or depth for when CWeb leaves with Prince and Hosely being the future starters.
    I really wouldn't be surprised to see a CB picked at 19 if the right guy is there. I have a feeling it is either going to be a CB or DL picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I really wouldn't be surprised to see a CB picked at 19 if the right guy is there. I have a feeling it is either going to be a CB or DL picked.
    I agree with you there. I think that since signed jenkins I dont think we will go DT which I thought was a pretty good chance that we would be that. I think DE/CB is our first pick. Maybe an OL if there is a faller.

The 2010 Hosley was every bit as good as any of these CB's in the draft, but he slipped a bit in 2011, hence falling into RD3.. He was my favorite draft pick we made last yr, as far as value and talent combined..

Do you guys think that Hosley size made him drop a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    Do you guys think that Hosley size made him drop a bit?
    No he was a solid 2nd round pick the failed drug test at the combine knocked him down a round

+ Reply to Thread