+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draftnk question: Jayron Hosely

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    Do you guys think that Hosley size made him drop a bit?
    His size made him drop from a 1st rounder to a 2nd rounder. His failed drug test made him fall from a 2nd rounder to a late 3rd.

There were more than 1 scouts who said he was the most skilled cover corner, but lacked the measurables of some guys as well as the physical style of play.

But We have the benfot of hindsight, so lets use it. The proof of his value to the VT team can be measured in what happened to the VT defense when Hosley left because they returned all but 2 starters from 2011 to 2012 (hosley and the other corner, a guy you have never heard of)

The difference in the defense was HUGE. They lined him up on opposing teams #1 no matter the size difference in Jayron pretty much dominated. I do not expect that will happen in the NFL, where he will likely remain a slot guy, but despite his up and down season in 2012, I still think over the long haul, picking him up in the 3rd round will prove to be the best value pick we made last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    His size made him drop from a 1st rounder to a 2nd rounder. His failed drug test made him fall from a 2nd rounder to a late 3rd.

There were more than 1 scouts who said he was the most skilled cover corner, but lacked the measurables of some guys as well as the physical style of play.

But We have the benfot of hindsight, so lets use it. The proof of his value to the VT team can be measured in what happened to the VT defense when Hosley left because they returned all but 2 starters from 2011 to 2012 (hosley and the other corner, a guy you have never heard of)

The difference in the defense was HUGE. They lined him up on opposing teams #1 no matter the size difference in Jayron pretty much dominated. I do not expect that will happen in the NFL, where he will likely remain a slot guy, but despite his up and down season in 2012, I still think over the long haul, picking him up in the 3rd round will prove to be the best value pick we made last year.
    I think hes the best value of last yrs draft going forward as well.. U don't think his drop in production had anything to do with his going in rd 3, instead of 2? I think it was a mix of failed test, size, and production drop, personally.. Either way, his future is extremely bright, and the physical CB, who has great ball skills, is gonna be a stud for us.. I actually think hes a future probowler, but thats just me...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I think hes the best value of last yrs draft going forward as well.. U don't think his drop in production had anything to do with his going in rd 3, instead of 2? I think it was a mix of failed test, size, and production drop, personally.. Either way, his future is extremely bright, and the physical CB, who has great ball skills, is gonna be a stud for us.. I actually think hes a future probowler, but thats just me...
    Pretty much every scout had him rated as a early mid 2nd rounder prior to that failed drug test info getting out. I do not pretend to know what NFL front offices are thinking, but I would guess his drop in production was not as big a part of it because the drop came from teams throwing away from him.

It is pretty typical for CBs to have a drop in production their senior or last year for this very reason. Teams avoid throwing at him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Pretty much every scout had him rated as a early mid 2nd rounder prior to that failed drug test info getting out. I do not pretend to know what NFL front offices are thinking, but I would guess his drop in production was not as big a part of it because the drop came from teams throwing away from him.

It is pretty typical for CBs to have a drop in production their senior or last year for this very reason. Teams avoid throwing at him.
    true..

+ Reply to Thread