+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Datone Jones? Bleacher Report article

Datone Jones? Bleacher Report article

I don't know much about him but seems interesting:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-talking-about

Solar Mike

Definitely interesting. Seems like a Giants type of player.

He really is a little underrated to the general public. His positional versatility will be a huge asset to a defensive coordinator who knows how to utilize his abilities.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He really is a little underrated to the general public. His positional versatility will be a huge asset to a defensive coordinator who knows how to utilize his abilities.
    Alot of times, strongside ends that are run stoppers first, pass rushers second, dont' get as much noterity, hence Justin Tuck going in RD3..etc I certainly woulden't mind having him opposite JPP.. It'd be like getting Justin Tuck all over again... I'm down with that!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Alot of times, strongside ends that are run stoppers first, pass rushers second, dont' get as much noterity, hence Justin Tuck going in RD3..etc I certainly woulden't mind having him opposite JPP.. It'd be like getting Justin Tuck all over again... I'm down with that!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8IB-0TktD8

Where do you see Justin Tuck in that?

Jones is not a 4-3 DE at the NFL level in my mind. He's a DT and I'm not sure he'd be much more than a journeyman DT at that.

I don't like this pick for the Giants (trap player imo). I think he fits best as a 3-4 DE.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 03-20-2013 at 07:46 AM.

I would love to see us take Tank. Just don't know where he is in his recovery.

In that link they compare Jones to Osi.. He's gotta be better against the run than that
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

I like Jones but i dont think the Giants will draft him. The signing of Cullen Jenkins and the willingness to give Austin 1 more shot plus Tuck and Kiwi taking snaps at Strongside end not a lot of snaps for him.
    If they take Jones that tells me they believe Justin Tuck is done. I think we will see a lineman but its going to be an edge rusher to replace Osi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8IB-0TktD8

Where do you see Justin Tuck in that?

Jones is not a 4-3 DE at the NFL level in my mind. He's a DT and I'm not sure he'd be much more than a journeyman DT at that.

I don't like this pick for the Giants (trap player imo). I think he fits best as a 3-4 DE.
    When the Giants defense was at its best they had beastly interior pass rushing from Justin Tuck and Fred Robbins.So having a Nickel interior pass rusher in my opinion isnt a bad thing. If u just keep Jones at Strongside end every down then your right its not going to work out very well. The problem with these type of players is if u refuse to use the versatility then your going to get a bust.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-20-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    In that link they compare Jones to Osi.. He's gotta be better against the run than that
    He is nothing like Osi. Osi is a pure edge rusher. Jones is a strongside end on running downs / DT on passing downs

+ Reply to Thread