+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Datone Jones? Bleacher Report article

Lol @ anyone talking about taking Tank.

Just what the giants need.. ANOTHER ACL injured player. Are you guys on drugs or what? Why take the chance when there are plenty of non-red flagged prospects with high ceilings?

You guys make zero sense..

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Odds are that we aren't going to draft Jones or Okafor anyway since the Giants are contemplating sending JPP to LDE. Okafor is odd in that he has a RDE body but he doesn't exactly project well there in the NFL since he isn't as fluid as you would expect. He seems to disappear in some games too.
    The more i watched of Okafor the less I liked him

[QUOTE=Kruunch;717701]That's what I think as well.

To that end I could see us drafting Damontre Moore or Tank Carradine or similar. I'm just not super excited about the RDE prospects coming out this year.

I'm much more excited about the strong side DEs which is why I hope they draft that way and keep JPP on the weak side backed up by Ojomo.[/QUOTE Yeah the problem is the Strongside ends Werner , Ansah,Jones are the better prospects in this draft. Carradine is a nice player but the knee injury really scares me. Mingo is the player I really want becasue I think it helps the LB's and the pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

Just what the giants need.. ANOTHER ACL injured player. Are you guys on drugs or what? Why take the chance when there are plenty of non-red flagged prospects with high ceilings?

I agree with you.. I don't want him #19
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Tuck's NFL sack numbers was what I was talking about.

LDE's generally don't see his kind of production (hence my mirth at the comparisons between him and Jones).
    JOnes has pash rush moves.. He uses the rip, swim, and bull.. As enigma said, eh gave Fisher fits in sr bowl practices and was only one.. I can see him having a few 8-12 sack seasons throughout his carer, with his ability to use diffrent pass rush moves and versatility along with high motor, strength, and phsicality.. I actually like em alot, just not at 19, but i woudlen't be mad if it was him...

Because no football player has ever come back form an ACL . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Because no football player has ever come back form an ACL . . . .
    Pretty sure that isn't the point. Its still a serious injury and a risk you don't want or need to take. The percentage of players
    that fully recover from an ACL is much smaller then those that have repeat injuries. Legs are the first thing to go with DL/LBs already. Your bright idea is to use the 19th pick on a player who has bad legs (until proven otherwise)?.

Its a risk we don't need to take and I guarantee we wont unless he falls to 2nd or 3rd.

Its just not a smart football or business decision with 19th pick. We aren't desperate.

The Senior Bowl's Phil Savage listed six prospects as future three-down, sub-package defenders in the NFL.
    In Savage's list, BYU defensive end Ezekiel Ansah, Florida defensive tackle Shariff Floyd, UCLA defensive lineman Datone Jones, Oregon outside linebacker Dion Jordan, LSU defensive lineman Barkevious Mingo and Georgia inside linebacker Alec Ogletree are included. They are listed under the category, "3-3-5 package (with OLB as DE)". The names of the players come as part of a post featured on the NFL's base "11" personnel.
    Source: Seniorbowl.com
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Pretty sure that isn't the point. Its still a serious injury and a risk you don't want or need to take. The percentage of players
    that fully recover from an ACL is much smaller then those that have repeat injuries. Legs are the first thing to go with DL/LBs already. Your bright idea is to use the 19th pick on a player who has bad legs (until proven otherwise)?.

Its a risk we don't need to take and I guarantee we wont unless he falls to 2nd or 3rd.

Its just not a smart football or business decision with 19th pick. We aren't desperate.
    Learn how to read. I said in an earlier post that I think 19 is too early for him but that he will probably be gone by our second round pick. I never said that we should pick him in the first.

Doesn't that stink when you try to be a smart *** but you end up being a dumb **** instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The more i watched of Okafor the less I liked him
    What don't you like about him?

+ Reply to Thread