+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mock 100.1

Mock 100.1

1 Bjoern Wener DE - I have seen a few mocks now that have him sliding, would be a great pickup for us with Tuck aging out.

2 Darius Slay CB - Has size and speed, could be Webby's replacement.

3 Zaviar Gooden OLB - I see this guy as straight up Boley's replacement, has speed to do coverage duties.

4 Chris Faulk OT - Big bodied OT, could be the solution for RT?

5 Gerald Hodges OLB - We need LBer help, from what I have read this guy plays the run well.

6 Kwame Geathers DT - HUGE DT, we could use him to stop up the run, maybe get pressure up the middle.

7 D. J. Hayden CB - This guy posted a 4.33, 40 time at his Pro day.......sounds like early round talent that is slated for a 3rd day pick.

7 Sam Brenner OG - Project player for Oline, not much more than that......

I like the idea of two LBs.. but one need to be a MLB, I love the Werner pick and could see this happening

1) Great pick if he slips to us.

2) I like Slay. Only down side is his tackling and I'm ok with that.

3) Zaviar Gooden is an amazing athlete but really raw. Lacks the instincts for the position so would need time to adjust ... I don't know that we have that time to give. That and he's projected as a WILL (sigh) which we have starter and depth at.

4) Good (but we have a bajillion Tackles .... wish one of them would dominate)

5) Not a fan.

6) Neat project due to size. Don't mind wasting the pick here.

7) Two CBs and no DE in this draft?

Banned
    ^ That pretty much says it all. Only issue is that I think Kwame is going a couple rounds higher than 6th but overall that's a good and just as importantly, a realistic mock for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

7) Two CBs and no DE in this draft?
    Werner..?

Werner and Slay in the first 2rds is fantastic for us.. I actually don't care for Zaviar Gooden, as i dont' know if he'll ever start playing up to his athletic ability and speed says he can.. Faulk is a good idea in RD4, as someone to truly challenge Brewer would be nice , and gives us a chance to hit on one or the other.. Faulk is big and powerful, and could really help the ground attack.. I still have high hopes in Brewer though, but regardless we could use the depth, and Brewer being challenged isn't a bad thing.. I love Gerald Hodges, and hes being undervalued to this point.. I wonder if he would be able to play MLB? He has the size and football IQ for the job.. Hes certainly agressive enough and strong enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I like the idea of two LBs.. but one need to be a MLB, I love the Werner pick and could see this happening
    Hodges played MLB when Mike Mauti was hurt at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    ^ That pretty much says it all. Only issue is that I think Kwame is going a couple rounds higher than 6th but overall that's a good and just as importantly, a realistic mock for us.

Werner..?
    Duh ... short term memory loss FTL!

U r forgiven crunch

+ Reply to Thread