+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: runners can no longer lower their heads

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Oh come on. Players have been doing it since football's inception. He was getting low because a player was in front of him squared up and he dropped his pad level. Do you really think he's using the force of his blow with his helmet? No...he's putting the force of his weight in his momentum with the top of his shoulders. The helmet goes down when players get low.

No doubt but if a runner drops his pad level then how can it be distinguished if he's actually leading with the crown if helmets make contact (which is going to happen no matter what). Runners can't always run with their heads up and if they plan on protecting themselves.

I guess all the people speaking out about this rule including former NFL players and RB's haven't done their research either huh? They're just talking from nonsense.
    1) You bend at the knees and hips with your head TILTED UP and sliding to the off side of the defender while using your defender side shoulder making contact. You NEVER lead with head first. If you seriously think Trent was using proper technique you need to some research.

2) You mean the same players that are now brain damaged and suing the NFL?

3) Bringing up past players is a moot point. You are under the impression that they as perfectly sound from a technique standpoint. These pro athletes have coach's for a reason. Because they aren't perfect and still need to improve their technique.

4) for every player complaining I can name 1 or 2 that are for the rule. Players ***** about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    1) You bend at the knees and hips with your head TILTED UP and sliding to the off side of the defender while using your defender side shoulder making contact. You NEVER lead with head first. If you seriously think Trent was using proper technique you need to some research.

3) Bringing up past players is a moot point. You are under the impression that they as perfectly sound from a technique standpoint. These pro athletes have coach's for a reason. Because they aren't perfect and still need to improve their technique.

4) for every player complaining I can name 1 or 2 that are for the rule. Players ***** about everything.
    You guys keep saying that. It doesnt matter if its "proper technique". Almost all, if not every single rb does this. If you run with your head tilted up into a defender, youre going to break your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    You guys keep saying that. It doesnt matter if its "proper technique". Almost all, if not every single rb does this. If you run with your head tilted up into a defender, youre going to break your neck.
    Not every RB leads with the crown of his helmet when running outside of the tackle box.
    Last edited by TCHOF; 03-21-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Why are you numbering each point like your the ambassador for the rule and are schooling the rest of us like we're completely clueless? Your explaining the rule from the standpoint of what they're expecting from players NOW....not before. Trent Richardson was simply doing what every other RB has been doing throughout history including Earl Campbell, OJ Simpson, Walter Payton, Jerome Bettis....(seriously my RESEARCH could go on and on) Some of those plays being involved in the greatest plays of all time to boot.

There are so many arguments that can be made for this statement that I'm not going to even get started. Would just be wasting my time and the debate would never end. Bottom line is players including former players know what they were getting into and like Deion Sanders said....are now looking for ways to make money off the NFL. But that's another discussion.

You're right, proper technique means absolutely nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Not ever RB leads with the crown of his helmet when running outside of the tackle box.
    At least we agree on one thing

But don't bother.. according to this board, if Richardson and Campbell does it, all RBs do. Because as we all know, players never make mistakes

Not every RB leads with the crown of his helmet when running outside of the tackle box.
    I wasnt talking about where it happens. I was commenting on technique.

Quote Originally Posted by nygpolishpunk View Post
    No, Bradshaw led with the shoulder, not his head.
    So the ref will be standing there and realize that from the jump? Or is he going to go under the hood for 5 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I wasnt talking about where it happens. I was commenting on technique.
    Well the rule only applies outside of the tackle box, so the technique outside of the tackle box is the only technique that is relevant.

Well the rule only applies outside of the tackle box, so the technique outside of the tackle box is the only technique that is relevant.
    Its going to happen regardless of where the rb is if leading with his head and shoulders is his style/technique. Iv seen plenty of rbs lead with their head outside the tackle box

+ Reply to Thread