+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    In 2014 this will be the new NFL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWXZet0tJg

runners can no longer lower their heads

Running backs can't drop their pad level anymore. They can't lead with the helmets now. All runners need to run straight upright now . ifhey get low at all, it's a penality. Head up, chin up, so many more concussions are going to happen now, more broken jaws, etc. You cannot get down to protect yourself whatsoever because it will be construed as a penalty.
    Last edited by gmenfan0488; 03-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I'm not blaming Mara for anything.

He's a part of getting the rule passed. For those who don't like the rule then you have your team's owner partly to blame, or if you are on the fence and want to look on the bright side you can understand that the rule change was advocated by a guy most have high respect for.
    It was a 31-1 vote. Get outta here troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I'm not blaming Mara for anything.

He's a part of getting the rule passed. For those who don't like the rule then you have your team's owner partly to blame, or if you are on the fence and want to look on the bright side you can understand that the rule change was advocated by a guy most have high respect for.
    You realize all the owners have to vote, right? The majority rules.

And if you weren't blaming John Mara, why not just say Jerry Jones, or Daniel Snyder, or Jeffry Laurie
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    how's that romo deal coming along? true clutch playoff performer. gotta love Jerry Jones.
    I'd rather them not extend Romo's contract... not sure what this has to do with the thread though.

I suppose the players and refs will adjust but this new progressive NFL is becoming so wack

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    Romo wants Rodgers money...and he's going to get it.

To quote the great Tiki Barber..."thats COMICAL!"
    Romo is making 50% more than Rodgers this year.

I mean what the hell man,what are they gonna take away next,you can't tackle the opposing player,harder than they allow.If it's gonna cause a scratch or bruise they will outlaw it man this some BS.This league is going to **** real quick,this is why I say Marino's records will always be better than Brees's because back when he played DBs were allowed to play ball.Now if you look at the quarterback or WR to hard they throw a dam flag.This some BS,as far as lawsuits and ,everybody and their momma knows this is a physical game and injuries are part of it.None of these players past,present or future were forced at gun point to sign up to play football.There was no draft to elect young men to go into the NFL and play or be sent to prison.If you are scared of injuries then don't play the dam game.None of these dam players say o I'm gonna sue the NFL because of all the money I'm being paid is causing my wallet to swell and cause me problems.This some BS man.I can understand being concerned about letting guys play if they are concused,I'm cool with that,but hell pee wee leaguers lowers their heads when running the ball.

Runners need to run straight up now. they can't protect themselves. if they get low at all, it's a penality. Head up, chin up, so many more concussions are going to happen now, more broken jaws, etc. You cannot get down to protect yourself whatsoever because it will be construed as a penalty.
    Last edited by gmenfan0488; 03-20-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You realize all the owners have to vote, right? The majority rules.

And if you weren't blaming John Mara, why not just say Jerry Jones, or Daniel Snyder, or Jeffry Laurie
    Because this is a Giants forum.

Yes. I understand that it's a majority vote, but Mara is one of 8 members (as is Stepehn Jones) of the competition committee who proposed the rule.

I personally have no issue with the rule after reading several explanations. But for the people that do have issue with it, maybe they'll consider the source of the rule proposition before bashing it.

edit: Not exactly sure why you're being so touchy about it. Doesn't seem like you...