+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 341
  1. #41
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,926
    Regardless of who was for the rule, whether it was Mara or whoever. It's a ridiculous rule.

    Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

  2. #42
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,054
    Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    Runners need to run straight up now. they can't protect themselves. if they get low at all, it's a penality
    no not really...
    go see the link Roosevelt put up......and listen to Sam Wyche....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  3. #43
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,079
    First image was Trent Richardson knocking that little ***** Coleman on his ***.

  4. #44
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,364
    NFL is looking more like the NBA every season.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  5. #45
    I don't like this rule from the standpoint of adding another highly subjective judgment on to the Ref's plate.

    Imagine a flag calling back an 80 yard TD run because Adrian Petersen lead with his helmet to get in the end zone.

  6. #46
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I don't like this rule from the standpoint of adding another highly subjective judgment on to the Ref's plate.

    Imagine a flag calling back an 80 yard TD run because Adrian Petersen lead with his helmet to get in the end zone.
    That's flat out stupid.

    Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

  7. #47
    Starter mikeq6722's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Auburn, Ma
    Posts
    248
    I cant wait till the NFL is full of 160 pound soccer players.

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    So this is now a 15 yarder? Awful:

    Was thinking of this too. But in this view looks like contact is more with the shoulder. So what's the call? That's the bad part of rules like this. One crew will flag it and another won't. A wider view at various angles show other players in close proximity. Is this open field? Just a horrible rule change. WAY too subjective.

    So how many running backs get their ribs caved in for fear of a 15 yard penalty. This rule change will be more dangerous to the backs. I'm stupified
    Last edited by GiantRoc; 03-20-2013 at 01:45 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    Runners need to run straight up now. they can't protect themselves. if they get low at all, it's a penality. Head up, chin up, so many more concussions are going to happen now, more broken jaws, etc. You cannot get down to protect yourself whatsoever because it will be construed as a penalty.
    The quickest way to get hurt is by running straight up. lol. I don't think this new rule is going to be much of an issue. I think it's going to be easy to spot, much like the horse collar tackle. It will be more obvious compared to a defender that does it.

  10. #50
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    99,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Because this is a Giants forum.

    Yes. I understand that it's a majority vote, but Mara is one of 8 members (as is Stepehn Jones) of the competition committee who proposed the rule.

    I personally have no issue with the rule after reading several explanations. But for the people that do have issue with it, maybe they'll consider the source of the rule proposition before bashing it.

    edit: Not exactly sure why you're being so touchy about it. Doesn't seem like you...
    It seemed you were zeroing in on John Mara which has been going on from Dallas and Washington since they got caught with their hands in the CBA lockout jar. But if you say that wasn't your intent, I'll accept that. It's been reported the vote was 31 - 1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts