+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tank Carradine is a Beast!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Oh please don't kill me from laughter, the dude compares to Vicne Wilfork. If you saw the games then you'd see we gut killed up the middle by running backs. Our DT play was inconsistent and even Linval struggled in double teams. We need a true 1 tech while Linval can be a hybrid.

Don't talk about bad picks when you have a drunk and slow LB at 19. LOL. First of all Reese doesn't look at lBs for a reason. We have crap LBs every year since he's been here and we've won the Super Bowl twice. Also even if we miraculously take a LB in the first we wouldn't take Ogletree. We like good character types, not people who drink and drive. And Ogletree can't handle the weight you need to be good for a MLB. Chase Blackburn had a better 40 yard time so again don't talk about slow when you advocate for Ogletree.
    Diehl had a DUI too..... It is not like our team all acts perfect never going out and having fun or anything. We drafted Hosley last year and he had a positive test for pot. Will Hill was quite the character when he was in college. I am sure you have heard about that as well but by some chance that you have not I will post a link of his tweets while he was at Florida. They are quite comical I think actually lol.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday....e-of-will-hill

In all seriousness I do not think we will draft Olgetree in the 1st round because that is not how our team has drafted in recent years in respect to the LB position but I would like the pick honestly. Since we just signed Jenkins I do not think we will grab a DT in the first either....

Anyways about Tank Carradine.. I think that he could be a beast for us. Does anyone know if he is almost back to full strength after the injury? Sounds like he is doing pretty fine with some of those numbers you posted! JPP and Tank could be a nice duo at the DE for years to come. There are really a lot of players that I like in the 1st this year that I would be happy with if we got. Ansah (probably gone), Rhodes, Trufant, Olgetree, Tank, Cooper, Brown even. Those are off the top of my head but I see us getting someone like Tank in the 1st then addressing LB and DT in rounds like 3-5 range. That is just what I think but who knows.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Oh please don't kill me from laughter, the dude compares to Vicne Wilfork. If you saw the games then you'd see we gut killed up the middle by running backs. Our DT play was inconsistent and even Linval struggled in double teams. We need a true 1 tech while Linval can be a hybrid.

Don't talk about bad picks when you have a drunk and slow LB at 19. LOL. First of all Reese doesn't look at lBs for a reason. We have crap LBs every year since he's been here and we've won the Super Bowl twice. Also even if we miraculously take a LB in the first we wouldn't take Ogletree. We like good character types, not people who drink and drive. And Ogletree can't handle the weight you need to be good for a MLB. Chase Blackburn had a better 40 yard time so again don't talk about slow when you advocate for Ogletree.
    I was just busting b@lls. I dont think Hankins is an every down DT. He looked gassed in a lot of the games I've seen him in. He is a beast, but I dont think worth a 1st round pick. Gotta take an every down guy in that spot.

As for Ogletree, the guy gets a DUI and he's a drunk? What are you a born-again? Get real. The dudes also fast as hell. Have you watched him at all? He is known for his quickness, so dont try to tell me he's slow. His combine speed was 4.7, Chase ran a 4.69 (also a 4.88) and that was his PRO DAY speed, not combine... big difference in the timing and I bet Ogletree beats that today, since today is Georgia's Pro Day. We shall see later, but either way he is way better than Chase, and Im huge Chase fan.

And what in the hell are you talking about with Ogletree not having weight to play MLB? Thats just a load of BS and shows you have no clue what you're saying. With his frame he can easily add weight if needed. Id say he's got the perfect size and the only reason people like you bring it up is because he is a little taller than some MLB. Here's a comparison I posted on a seperate thread about sizes of MLB leaders in the NFL:
    Alec Ogletree- 6'3" 242

Chase Blackburn- 6'3'' 245 (holy hell, 3 more lbs!!!!!)
    Jon Beason- 6'0'' 237 lbs
    Ray Lewis- 6'1'' 240 lbs
    Jon Vilma- 6'1'' 230 lbs
    London Fletcher- 5'10" 238

Ogletree is 2 inches taller and 12 lbs heavier than Vilma, sounds fine to me. Now please explain what you are talking about. Bottom line is I think Ogletree is a much better pick in the 1st then Hankins and I've seen Hankins going round 2 in many mocks. Hankins looks like he just ate his coach.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I was just busting b@lls. I dont think Hankins is an every down DT. He looked gassed in a lot of the games I've seen him in. He is a beast, but I dont think worth a 1st round pick. Gotta take an every down guy in that spot.

As for Ogletree, the guy gets a DUI and he's a drunk? What are you a born-again? Get real. The dudes also fast as hell. Have you watched him at all? He is known for his quickness, so dont try to tell me he's slow. His combine speed was 4.7, Chase ran a 4.69 (also a 4.88) and that was his PRO DAY speed, not combine... big difference in the timing and I bet Ogletree beats that today, since today is Georgia's Pro Day. We shall see later, but either way he is way better than Chase, and Im huge Chase fan.

And what in the hell are you talking about with Ogletree not having weight to play MLB? Thats just a load of BS and shows you have no clue what you're saying. With his frame he can easily add weight if needed. Id say he's got the perfect size and the only reason people like you bring it up is because he is a little taller than some MLB. Here's a comparison I posted on a seperate thread about sizes of MLB leaders in the NFL:
    Alec Ogletree- 6'3" 242

Chase Blackburn- 6'3'' 245 (holy hell, 3 more lbs!!!!!)
    Jon Beason- 6'0'' 237 lbs
    Ray Lewis- 6'1'' 240 lbs
    Jon Vilma- 6'1'' 230 lbs
    London Fletcher- 5'10" 238

Ogletree is 2 inches taller and 12 lbs heavier than Vilma, sounds fine to me. Now please explain what you are talking about. Bottom line is I think Ogletree is a much better pick in the 1st then Hankins and I've seen Hankins going round 2 in many mocks. Hankins looks like he just ate his coach.
    Another thing I would like to add is that maybe he didnt run as fast at the combine as other LB's but if you watch the kid play he flies around the place. That is why I think combine numbers can be overrated. I would rather take football speed over a full sprint w/o pads etc. I like the kid, him and brown look leaner than most LB's in the NFL but they weigh in just as much as some of the elite LB's the the NFL. Olgetree especially looks much leaner bc he is 6'3. I would have rather had Will Hill at MLB instead of Blackburn just because of the fact he can move around and can tackle well. That might be a bit of a stretch haha but seriously Blackburn played so slow on the field it was ridiculous. We need some speed at the LB position. Olgetree and Brown can bring that to the table.

I very much like Carradine for us. Thing is, if his personal workout goes well, he may be picked before we draft. I also really like Vince Williams in the 3rd-4th round range. He is a thumper, and he showed some decent wheels at his pro day yesterday, I think around a 4.6 40.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Sov, this just in.. Chase ran a 4.69 at his pro day.. Ogle ran a 4.53. NEXT

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    good character types? two words....david deihl. chase was one of the worst MLB's in football last season. ogeltree on a bad day is a way better all around athlete. I promise you the giants wont waste a pick on hankins,,,he is slow and wears down very quickly and is most likely a 2 down player beacuse of this. he compares more to dontari poe and that's not a good thing. this guy is certainly no vince wilfork. travis frederick abused this kid.
    I believe the Giants do take character into consideration when drafting. Can't predict what a guy will do after the fact. Blackburn played decent last year and gave it everything he had, lighten up on the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    I believe the Giants do take character into consideration when drafting. Can't predict what a guy will do after the fact. Blackburn played decent last year and gave it everything he had, lighten up on the guy.
    ]

blackburn was atrocious and a big reason we got gashed in the running game

."Blackburn is many things: a nice guy, a solid special teams player, and an adequate backup. However he is not a starting linebacker by any measure and failed miserably in that role in 2012. Blackburn graded out at -10.9 overall according to PFF. He had a nightmarish -7.1 grade against the run and allowed 13.8 yards per reception in coverage. He was one of the main culprits for a defense that ranked near the bottom of the league in both run (25th) and pass (31st) defense."

as per http://gmenhq.com/2013/03/20/lb-dan-...iants-defense/

I like Carradine but the thought of taking a guy with a recent knee injury in the 1st rd seems like asking for it

Veteran
    I don't see him anywhere on the top 5 DEs

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I don't see him anywhere on the top 5 DEs
    Mayock has him at #5

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...2013-nfl-draft

+ Reply to Thread